Two and a Half Men: Final Part

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 798

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone is working to restore order, but you see a person lying on the ground a few yards away. It's Mark, and apparently, the shifter killed him in the process of getting to you.

"What the hell was that thing?" Dean coughs.

"It was an Alpha, right?" you ask.

"Yeah, we think so," Samuel nods.

"What the hell is an alpha?" Dean questions.

"Like all monsters come from somewhere, right? This one is he king shapeshifter. First one who spawned all the others–there's tons of lore about it. That's why it was so strong, and why nothing we had was going to stop it. Plus, he said that he could find the baby anywhere–that he could feel it, like there's a connection. That's in the lore, too."

"What the hell does it want with babies, anyway?" you ask.

"A softball team? I got no clue," Samuel shrugs.

"Great, well then how do we kill it?"

"I don't know if we can."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Samuel and his family didn't need you to clean up, and it's not like you're staying here longer than you need to be. You head out of the house with the brothers when you spot your motorcycle a few yards away. You left it here because you thought you were going to stay here while hunting. Now that Dean is hopefully back, you might not need to live here anymore.

"You know, just before you ganked that shifter in the motel, he mentioned a father, which makes sense now because he meant the Alpha," Dean begins to say.

"Huh. Yeah, I guess so," Sam shrugs.

"Did you hear him say that?"

"Uh, I don't know. Kind of a hot moment, you know? Why?"

"Well, because if you heard him, then you knew the Alpha was out there. If you knew the Alpha was out there, then you knew he might come after the baby. In which case you were using the baby as bait. So, was that the plan? To use the baby as bait?" Dean asks angrily.

"Of course not. Dean, I just thought that Samuel's was the safest place. That's all."

"Right, of course," he nods.

Sam gets in the car, and Dean is about to when he notices you off to the side.

"You good?"

"Yeah, I'll follow behind you. No point in keeping her locked away at a place I don't spend time in anyway. I'll catch up with you later."

"Okay."

Dean gets in the car and Sam takes off, and you head back inside for two things: to grab your keys, and to tell Samuel you're taking her with you. You left her here with the keys in case they needed her, but you're claiming what's rightfully yours. Mark's body has been removed, mostly likely by Gwen and Christian, so you don't worry about them catching you. Your keys are by the front door, and you snatch them on the way to find your ex-boyfriend's grandfather. Samuel is nowhere to be found until you hear his voice come from the kitchen.

You approach one of the doors and peek inside to see him on the phone talking to someone. This feels like a private moment, but you listen to see what he has to say.

"No, I didn't catch it. It killed three of my people. I shot it full of elephant tranquilizer, and it chuckled! To be honest, I'm not sure I want to find it. But yeah, we will find a way to catch it.... Yeah, sure, I'll bring it right to you, gift wrapped."

Who is he talking to? He's catching alpha's now? Who is he giving them to?

"Who was that?" you ask and make your presence known.

He physically jumps but bounces back from the shock fairly quickly.

"No one."

"Well, I'm taking my bike from you. I got the keys, so you don't have to worry about taking care of her anymore."

"Okay, that's fine."

"Seriously, who was that?" you ask again.

"Seriously none of your business."

"Did you know my mother, Samuel?" you ask right before you leave.

"Yeah. She was Mary's best friend. She used to come over all the time. There was a period in which she actually lived with us," he chuckles at the memories.

"You know she was a witch? Just like me?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You know how powerful she was, right?"

"Y/N, where are you going with this?" he sighs.

"Nowhere. Just reminding you that the same magic that ran through her blood is in me. Just thought you needed reminding," you chuckle.

There was no humor behind your chuckle, only the thought of threats. You turn and leave the kitchen so he can think about double-crossing you if and when he chooses to do so.