Two and a Half Men: Part Three

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 2k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as you're safe inside a motel room, the first order of business is to change the baby's diaper. Now that you have the proper tools, you're able to easily get him into a clean one. The job comes naturally to you despite not having any experience whatsoever. By the time your mom died, Sam was already out of diapers. You never had to change any of his.

"See? Was that so hard?" you grin and kiss his tiny little nose.

He spits up a little, but it's nothing to concern yourself with. You grab the dirty diaper to throw away just as Dean picks the little man up.

"Alright, time to hit the hay," Dean says to the child.

He starts to hum Deep Purples' "Smoke on the Water". The baby lies against his shoulder, and he just looks so peaceful and at ease that your heart starts to churn. Dean is so good with the little one, and it gets you thinking about your unborn baby. He would have made a great father if it hadn't been for your stupidity and impulsiveness.

"Dean, you're just going to make it cranky again," Sam says from the table.

He's reading more about the cases to figure out why a shifter would go through so much trouble for a baby.

"Shh, it's working. Okay, if I put you down, you gonna be a man about it?" he asks Bobby John.

He lays him in the crib you specifically ordered for the room and is out like a light. It kills you to see how happy he is with a baby, and you can only imagine what he's like with a baby girl–one of Lisa's nieces. If only you had kept your baby, you might get to experience the real thing.

"Huh," Sam huffs.

"What?"

"You're just, uh, actually, not awful at that."

"Y/N helped," he shrugs.

"No, seriously. You've got a whole Dr. Huxtable vibe coming off of you. You're like... father material."

"That's what I've been trying to say this whole fucking time," you mutter to yourself, but Dean heard every word.

He looks at you just in time to see a tear roll down your cheek. You hastily wipe it away and grab your phone from off one of the beds.

"Yeah, well I kind of had to be lately, you know. Sink or swim, right?"

"You mean Ben."

"I'm going to get some air," you whisper and head out the door.

To hear them talk about how happy Dean was with Lisa and Ben is too much for you to handle. You thought you could do this again–to hunt and be with Dean, but you don't know if you can anymore. Seeing him and hearing him talk about Lisa and Ben makes you want him even more. Did you even fight for him enough? Maybe if you had, he wouldn't have left you. But then again, he never even stopped to think about how you felt in all this. You don't know where you stand with him, but you can't see it being good. You peek inside the motel window to see Sam looking at the file, and Dean pacing the floor. Looks like they're not talking about Ben anymore. You head back inside and quietly shut the door.

"Shit. I can't believe I missed this," Sam sighs.

"What is it?" you ask and look into the crib.