You Can't Handle the Truth: Part Five

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 1.4k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What time is it? When are Sam and Dean going to get back? When did you get to Sam's bed? You open your eyes to see it's actually daytime, and that you fell asleep on Sam's bed. Who put you here? Most importantly, where are the tests? You shoot up in bed thinking Sam or Dean found them in the bathroom, but then you remember putting all the tests in your pocket. You threw away the boxes in the dumpster across the street so the brothers wouldn't be suspicious. But that still doesn't tell you who put you on Sam's bed.

"Hey sleepyhead. You're up," Dean says as he munches on a donut.

Sam is sitting on the end of his bed watching a news outtake of Ashley Frank. You're not sure why he is, but you don't have time to ask.

"Who put me here last night?"

"We came home to find you on the couch, asleep, and Sam offered you his bed. I put you on it. Hope that was okay."

"Yeah, thanks," you mutter.

He's not saying anything about the pregnancy which tells you he didn't see the tests. They're still in your pocket, and that's where they're going to stay until you figure out how to tell them the news.

"What's going on here?" you ask and motion to Sam.

"We think something on this tape is going to tell us whether or not Ashley is Veritas. Sam has been at this all night. He hasn't moved an inch."

"Damn," you yawn.

"Are we—we're spinning? Do the new rent-to-own prices," Ashely says. Sam speed through the video, and you're able to only get bits of pieces of what she says to the cameraman. "A recent trend in furniture stores... But think twice before you decide to buy—Before you make that big purchase... Okay... We'll ask the councilman ourselves."

The screen shows a change in scenery as Ashley isn't in a studio anymore but outside of a house. The house is large, there is a fence around it, and a black Doberman with his front paws resting on top of the fence. The dog is barking constantly at her, and she looks a little nervous. You swing your legs off the side of the bed and rub the crusties out of the corner of your eyes.

"Are you feeling any better?" Dean asks as he munches on his food.

"Actually, yeah. I think whatever I have passed already."

"That's good. Hearing you puke makes me want to puke," he shudders.

"Are we still rolling?" Ashley says nervously once she gets a good look at the large dog behind her.

"Hold on. Check this out," Sam says and rewinds the tape again.

Both you and Dean get up to join Sam at his side so that you're watching the video intently. You may have just woken up, but you're ready to rock and roll. The clip plays again, and you catch something you know is not normal. Dean saw it too because he asks Sam to rewind the tape and play it back much slower.

"Zoom in on that," he requests.

Sam does as he's told, and you see it more clearly. When Ashley looks back at the dog, her eyes glow bright blue, much like your magic does to your eyes. Whatever she's doing, you know she's doing it to the dog. Maybe whoever sees her news footage and she's doing that, they're compelled to tell the truth. Whatever it may be, you have to get to her before she gets to the whole town.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The part right before you go in and raid places is always the most boring. You can't defeat Veritas if you don't know where she is. Dean has you and his brother staking out the news station so when Ashley does leave, then he can follow her. The more time you have here means you have more time to overthink your pregnancy. This is going to be a rough couple of weeks as you decide what to do and how to tell the brothers that you are. Thankfully, you don't have to spend too much time on it because Ashley is leaving in her small red convertible.

Dean starts his car and follows loosely behind her until she gets to her house. He parks on the side of the street and just watches as she walks into a beautiful, enormous, modernist house. Whoever designed this house did a really good job with it, but you're nervous to see what kind of horrors lie in the inside of her palace.

"Looks pretty normal right?" you comment from the back seat.

"I'm sure inside it's chock full of creep," Dean replies.

"Oh, I'm not doubting it."

The interior lights up as Ashley enters, and you can clearly see her walk up her marble stairs. There's a huge chandelier hanging from the ceiling that drops almost halfway to the ground. It's modern, it's huge, and it's fucking beautiful. If she wasn't a monster, then you'd be wondering how a news anchor gets a place like this.

"Ready?" Dean asks, holding up three large knives.

"Yeah," Sam agrees, holding up a jar of thick red liquid.

"What the hell is that?" you ask.

"Dog's blood."

"Do we even want to know where you got that?"

"Probably not," Sam shakes his head.

You and Dean both groan at the sight and smell of the chunky blood. The old Sam would have never done that to an animal, but he's not the old Sam. He takes all three knives and dips them into the blood. As soon as all of them are covered, they are ready to kill.

"Alright, let's do this," Dean declares.

You take your knife and get out of the car, following the brothers into the house. Ashley never even locked any of her doors, and that should have been your first red flag. If it's not locked, then she must know hunters are in town. She had to have known they would try and kill her, therefore, leaving the door unlocked for you three to use. Instead of going through the front door like an idiot, you go through the back. The back room is the dining/living room, and it's the most expensive looking dining/living room you've ever seen.

"Where's all the creep?" Sam whispers as he makes his way through the house.

The first thing you noticed about the house is that there are so many cat items all throughout the house. There are cat statues (they look like they are from Egypt), a ton of Zen waterfalls, lots of good-smelling candles that are lit, a huge ducking cat painting on the wall, and just about everything else that can be about cats. This woman is so obsessed with cats, and you think it's not just because of her personality.

"This is a seriously messed-up cat lady," you whisper.

Just as you said that, a small white cat runs past you three and into the next room. You exchange looks with the brothers before following the cat throughout the house. You're not sure where she's leading you to, but you know you'll know once you see it. You enter the last door at the very end of the hall and stop dead in your tracks. This is it—this is the crazy you've been waiting for.

The cat is on a gurney, lapping at a bloody and mutilated human corpse. A bloody torso hangs in the middle of the room, staining the marble below it. The dentist's patient is seen lying on another gurney, and thankfully, he's still intact. Well, as far as you know. There is a sheet covering two-thirds of his body.

"Here's your creep," you say to Sam.

"You came for dinner," Veritas says from behind all three of you.

Instead of the "Ashley Frank" costume, she is dressed in a Goddess' raiment. It's pure gold, and it actually looks kind of stunning. She doesn't give you time to admire her because she raises her hand, sending all three of you flying across the room. Your hands immediately go to your stomach, and you use your magic to engulf your child so that when you do land, no harm will come to her.

Much like you anticipated, you hit your head on the marble floor, knocking you out completely.