The Third Man: Part Three

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 1.9k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Castiel found where the father of Christopher Birch lives, and the easiest way to gain access to the house is by teleportation. Castiel got that covered, and he teleported all three of you smack dab right in the middle of the room. Darryl, the father, is sitting on his couch with newspaper clippings of his son's accident and death. As soon as you appeared, he jumped up in surprise and fear.

"Oh, Cas, a little warning next time," Dean grumbles.

He wasn't expecting to be teleported at such short notice.

"What the–how'd you get in here?!" Darryl yells.

"Mr. Birch, settle down," Sam says and flashes him his badge. "Federal agents."

"But you can't just walk in here!"

"Quite a collection you've got there, huh?" he motions to the clippings.

"What are you trying to–"

"Look, we know the truth, alright? Chris didn't have a gun on him when those cops shot him. They set him up."

"Yeah. They're all getting theirs."

"And who's giving it to them, Darryl?" Sam asks accusingly.

"Darryl? Did you kill Toby Gray and the others?" you ask gently.

"Me?! I didn't kill anyone! Look at how they died!"

"You smote them with the Staff of Moses!" Castiel exclaims.

"The hell kind of Fed are you?"

"We don't have time for this," the angel steps towards Darryl. "Where is it?"

"Leave my dad alone!" a young boy, Chris' brother Aaron, says.

He walks into the room with the Staff of Moses in his hand like a gun. However, it's not the whole thing. It's been cut deliberately. Everyone looks at the boy, and you frown when you see the Staff.

"Is that–"

"Yes," Castiel interrupts you.

"Shouldn't it be bigger?"

"Yes. It's been sawed off."

"Leave him alone! It wasn't him!" Aaron cries.

"Aaron, get out of here!" his dad orders.

Castiel presses two fingers to the father's forehead, and he falls back onto the sofa, unconscious.

"What did you do to him?" Aaron questions.

"It's alright. He's just sleeping," you reply.

Aaron points the Staff at you, but Castiel ends this. He teleports behind the young boy and snatches it away from him. Without his weapon, the young child is now scared of the four adults.

"Cas, take it easy!" Dean sighs. "Listen, we're not here to hurt you, okay? But we need to know where you got this thing."

"Please don't kill my dad. It was me. I did it," Aaron says with tears in his eyes.

"No one is killing anyone. What's your name?" you ask even though you already knew.

"Aaron. Aaron Birch."