You Can't Handle the Truth: Part One

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 1.4k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sick feeling you've been feeling the entire week hasn't gone away. You're still throwing up but only in the mornings. Then, during the rest of the day, your stomach is on the fence of throwing up and being perfectly fine.

You're not sure why you're feeling this way. You thought it was food poisoning after a particularly bad meal, but Dean didn't get sick and he ate the same exact thing as you. Then, you thought it was just an upset stomach, but it's been going on much longer than expected. You don't want to go to the doctor and have them tell you it's just a stomach bug.

It's weird because your magic heals you of any and all illnesses and diseases except for this one. Frankly, you're getting sick and tired of it all.

This time, you couldn't wait until you had a toilet to throw up in. This time, you're doing it on the side of the road near a busy town. Sam Is on the phone looking for another case, and Dean is taking care of you by holding your hair back.

"Shit, Y/N, why is this still going on?" Dean asks.

"If I had the answer, I would tell you. Stop asking me every day," you groan.

Dean hands you a water bottle, and you chug the contents to get the taste of bile out of your mouth. Sam says "shit" louder than normal that causes you to look in his direction. Just the mere sight of him is enough to send whatever is left in your stomach come rushing up.

He's not the Sam you know, and you have a sneaking suspicion you know why. The only other person you can talk to about this is your dad. When Dean knew you were going to be okay, he stood off to the side to call him. After pulling yourself together, you head over there.

"I know what I saw, Bobby," Dean sighs.

When he sees you approach him, he puts your dad on speakerphone. You're far enough away from Sam not to worry that he'll hear what's being said.

"We tested him–salt, silver, holy water–everything."

"He threw me to that vamp. I'm telling you, it's not my brother."

"Well then, he's something we ain't ever seen before," your dad sighs.

"Yeah, or it's fucking Lucifer."

"Don't ask me how I know this, but I am able to feel people's emotions and connect with their spirits. I touched Sam and all I felt was nothing. No happiness, love, sadness, anger, regret, and every other emotion. I felt absolutely nothing," you add.

"Did you call Cas?"

"Of course we called Cas. He's not answering. Fuck him. I can't wait anymore," Dean growls.

"Look, I get it. You're rattled, and you have every right to be. But let's be professional–"

"Professional? He watched me get turned!"

"Are you sure that's what you saw?" your dad questions.

"Damn it, Bobby. Yes, I know."

"I was there, dad. I saw the smile on his face. He stopped and watched," you back Dean up.

"Well, 'you know' ain't the same as proof," he began, but you cut him off.

"Dad, it's not just this vampire thing. He's been different ever since I saw him. You know, he wouldn't have... he's just been different," you stop yourself before you revisit the can of worms you opened a few weeks ago.