All Dogs Go to Heaven: Part Three

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 2.8k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You've noticed lately that your mood has kind of been short with everything. Maybe it's the hormones, or maybe it's just you. Whatever the case may be, you know food is always the way to fix your mood. Dean was quick to get you some before your little stakeout, so you're eating a juicy hamburger in the backseat with three more wrapped up next to you. This baby definitely loves meat since you've noticed you're eating it a lot more than usual.

Cal has led you three to a garage next to a fix-it business on the other side of town. A bunch of men are arriving in their vehicles to join Cal in whatever they are doing. Someone turns on the light, and you realize they are in a bar–or a makeshift version of one. There is a jukebox in one corner, a pool table in the middle of the room, a big bar off to the right, a dart table on the far wall, and a couple of other things. Cal gets him and his boys some alcohol, and they are drinking and having a good time.

"Boy, Cal just doesn't know when to quit," Sam comments.

"Three scuzzy bars, one scuzzy strip club, a chili-dog joint, seven or eight nightcaps, and now scotches in the library. I'm getting cirrhosis just watching this. Other than that, we got squat," Dean says.

"Let's just see."

"You're not going to find anything because Cal is not the werewolf," you say with your mouth full.

"Just eat your meat," Sam says.

You roll your eyes but do as he says.

You're not sure how long you spent in this car, but when you see the sun come up, you know it's been a long time. The backseat of the car is starting to become uncomfortable, and you huff out in annoyance when Cal and his friends are getting ready to leave back to their families at six in the fucking morning.

"The sun is up, Sam. What did I fucking tell you? He's not wolfing out."

"Well, not tonight, anyway," Sam mutters.

"Let's head back. We can re-attack this in a couple of hours," Dean declares and starts the car.

Two of Cal's friends leave at the same time you do, but you're already falling asleep in the backseat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, looks like you were fucking right yet again because Cal is dead. You got the news when you listened to the police scanner about his death. He must have died as soon as you and the brothers left because they put his time of death at around five in the morning. It sucks you didn't get to see who did this, but you know Cal isn't a werewolf.

You're at the crime scene just as a man zips Cal's body in a body bag. Him and another man lift Cal up onto a stretcher and take him away. You cross your arms and look at Sam with a smug face.

"Told you. Next time fucking listen."

"Whatever," Sam mumbles.

"No, not whatever. Don't you ever talk to me like that again. I'm not some fucking child, and I'm certainly not yours to boss around."

"What the hell guys," Dean groans in frustration as he switches topics. "I mean, a werewolf attack in daylight? This whole thing is just weird."

"So, you know this means that we're down to one suspect, right?"