The Third Man: Part Four

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 2k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The place where Balthazar is hiding is a lot fancier than you expected. It's a huge ass mansion with not a lot of security. Surely, he must know Castiel is coming. Don't other angels know when angels are in the vicinity? Much like when you know other witches are around? In spite of that, you and the brothers start to advance towards the house.

"Huh. I was expecting more Dr. No, less Liberace," Dean comments.

You break off into two groups with you going with Castiel and Sam and Dean going off on their own. There will be angels guarding this place, and Sam and Dean are going to take care of them. You're going with the angel just in case things go awry.

You carefully open the front door. There is nothing out of the ordinary. The house is dark, but you can hear the faint sound of bass pumping from somewhere upstairs. There is a frog on the staircase, croaking at the two intruders. Castiel puts his hand on your shoulder, teleporting the two of you to the top of the staircase. The music is much louder now, and you follow it to the end of the hall. You take a deep breath and open the double doors.

It's an empty ballroom except for the grand piano by the window and the strobe lights going off. Music is pumping through the speakers, and you suddenly have a need to get the hell out of there. It definitely feels like a trap, but Castiel doesn't leave. Instead, an angel blade slides down his sleeve because he knows he's going to need it.

"Castiel, this feels like a trap," you whisper.

"It is."

You walk further into the room only to see the man who attacked Castiel before is now dead by the far wall. The door closes and locks behind you, and you find yourself sinking into Castiel's side.

"Cas. You're here," a man says from in front of the piano.

"Balthazar."

"It's so good to see you. I see you brought a friend. Little miss witch," he snaps his fingers and the music and strobe lights turn off.

"You know about me?" you ask.

"How can I not? You're very popular back home," he chuckles.

"I grieved your death," Castiel brings the topic to the matter at hand.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm sorry about that, you know. I wanted them to think that so they wouldn't come looking for me."

"What are you doing? What's all this?" you ask.

"Whatever I want. This morning I had a ménage à–what's French for twelve?"

"You stole the Staff of Moses."

"Sure, sure. I stole a lot of things."

"You were a great and honorable soldier. We fought together."

"Yes, too many times to count."

"I know you. You're not some common thief."

You take a step back from Castiel and towards one of the pillars. This seems like a "them" conversation, but you're listening very intently to what they're saying. You don't need to butt in at a time like this.

"Common? No. Thief? Eh."

"I need your help."

"I know. I've been hearing all about you, and as far as I'm concerned, nothing's changed. We're brothers, Cas. Of course I want to help you."