Family Matters: Part One

Pairing: Eventual Dean x Reader

Word Count: 1.7k

Warnings: angst, canon violence

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you not know who the father is of your baby? The last time you and Sam had sex was... two months ago, and you are roughly two months pregnant. You don't look pregnant, which is exactly what you want. You don't need Sam or Dean seeing you with a pregnant belly and thinking something is up. You've heard from moms that their stomach shows more with their first child than anything else, but maybe you carry differently than them. You will start showing, however, so you need to figure out a way to tell them before they find out on their own. You're already making them suspicious with the way you refuse alcohol, and how you back away from any fight that comes your way.

More importantly, what will Dean do if he finds out you're having his brother's kid? What will Sam do? After the revelation that came from Veritas, you knew you had to check on Sam through Castiel. You've been calling him and calling him, but he hasn't been answering. Whenever you mention Sam, he doesn't seem to come, so the only thing you know what to do is to find the loophole.

"Please, Castiel. We really need you. I need you. I'm pregnant," you reveal.

You hear a flutter of wings, and you know he's standing behind you.

"Really?" you say as you turn around to face the angel. "You come when I say that?"

"I'm assuming you called to get rid of it again."

"No!" you exclaim and place a hand on your stomach. "No, nothing like that. Look, I'd really appreciate it if you didn't tell Sam and Dean. I'll tell them when I figure out how to. Please promise me you won't tell them."

"I promise. I've studied human behavior for hundreds of thousands of years, and I've seen many, many births. You won't be able to hide your stomach for much longer. You're two months pregnant."

"I know that, okay? Look, I'll tell them soon."

"If you didn't call me down for that, then what did you call me down for?" he asks with a confused tilt of his head.

"Yesterday, we defeated a goddess named Veritas. She was what was convincing the people of this town to tell the truth. It wasn't Gabriel's Horn of Truth. She told me and Dean that Sam wasn't human. He lied right to her face, and she acts like he killed her cat right in front of her. Sam isn't human, Castiel. Please, he's inside because Dean beat the shit out of him, and I need you to check if he has a soul. I don't think he does. I'm sure there is a way to check that."

"Yes, it is very painful," he nods.

"Good, let's go inside," you suggest.

You both leave the alleyway next to your motel room and enter it. Sam is still tied to the chair while Dean is sipping on some beer to help him relax.

"It's about time you showed up," he scoffs.

"My apologies, Dean."

Sam chooses that exact moment to start waking up, and the angel walks over to him to inspect him. Sam groans and opens his eyes, but has to blink a bunch of times to get his vision into focus.

"You're right. He looks terrible. You did this?" he asks.

"Over and over again," you sigh and tug on your oversized shirt.

You figured that while you're thinking of ways to tell Sam and Dean about your pregnancy, you can wear big t-shirts to hide your growing belly.

"Cas? What's–" he grunts when he realized he's been tied to the chair he's sitting on. "Let me go."