Clap Your Hands if You Believe: Part Three

After Dean calmed down, he was hungry as fuck. You three went to a diner to eat some breakfast and talk about what the fuck actually happened last night.

"So, on top of all the demons and the angels and the ghosts and the skinwalkers, it turns out that there's—so if aliens are actually real, what's next? Hobbits?" Dean scoffs.

A woman passes by the table, and Sam looks her up and down and just smirks. She smiles back at him but continues to walk.

"You just gave her the silent, 'how ya doin''," Dean rolls his eyes.

"What?"

"Our reality's collapsing around us, and you're trying to pick up our waitress?"

"Yeah. Okay. Look, this brings up a question. So, say you got a soul and you're on a case, and your brother gets abducted by aliens—"

"Then, you do everything you can to get him back!" Dean finishes for Dean.

"Right! You do, but, what about when there are no more leads for the night? Are you supposed to just sit there in the dark and suffer, even when there's nothing that can be done at that moment?"

"Yes!" you and Dean shout at Sam.

"What?"

"Yes, you sit in the dark and feel the loss."

"Absolutely! But couldn't I just do all that and have sex with the hippie chick?"

"No!"

"It'd be in the dark," Sam shrugs.

"No you couldn't because you wouldn't be suffering, and you can't just turn that off for the night," Dean glares.

"Thanks, guys," the same waitress Sam was checking out is back with the check.

She smiles at Sam and leaves, and he can't stop staring at her. You and Dean are giving him the bitch face look.

"Why not?"

"Because if you had a soul, your soul wouldn't let you," Dean answers.

"So you're saying having a soul equals suffering?"

"Yes, that's exactly what he's saying," you say and snatch the bill to pay for it.

"Like, the million times you almost called Lisa. So you're saying suffering is a good thing."

"I'm saying it's the only game in town," Dean says and gets up.

You get up and place a few bills on the table that covers everything plus a tip.

"Okay! So how do we deal with the little green men?" Sam asks and gets up too.

"Research. We've got about a century of UFO lore to catch up on, and there's no time for—What's up with that guy?" Dean asks as he stares at the window by the door.

You and Sam look, but there is no one out there. You think maybe the cop is giving Dean a nasty look, but no one is actually looking at him.

"Who?" you ask.

"The guy by the window, giving me the stink eye."

"You mean the cop?" Sam wonders.

"No, not the cop! The guy! He's right—oh now he's gone!"

"Who's gone?" Sam asks.

"Can we please just get out of here before I hit you?" Dean glares.

"Okay! Geez," Sam laughs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sam offered to go to the library and look up all there is to know about UFOs while you and Dean stayed in the motel. Everything has calmed down just a little bit, but you're getting overwhelmed by the emotions you first felt when you found Dean. What would have happened if you hadn't found Dean? What if he was just gone? Who is going to help you raise the baby? It's sure as hell not going to be Sam. Plus, Dean would miss out on everything the baby is going to experience as she grows up.