Sleeve Tattoo

Peter had a sleeve tattoo that he had been adding to for a few months, the only people who knew were Ned and MJ. It was family themed, though subtly. It was all black and white, but you could tell from the detailed patterning which family member or friend was shown were. He had a 'with great power comes great responsibility' for Uncle Ben, a star on his bicep with meatal detailing around it for Bucky and a small shield next to it for Steve. He had the formula that Bruce had come up with that made him the Hulk and another formula of Tony's detailing the mechanics of his Ironman suit. This, amongst many other various symbols detailed his left arm, from his shoulder to his wrist. Honestly, it was a miracle he had been able to hide it for so long. But all secrets will be uncovered sooner or later so he really should have seen this coming.

He had been patrolling the city late at night and came across a group of men, all holding a weapon of some kind, and let's just say it didn't end well for either parties. The group of men got arrested, but Peter got bloodied up quite badly, so bad in fact that he had to be flown back to the compound by Tony, who was flying as fast as he ever had.

Once there, Peter was rushed to the medical wing, and this is where the story unfolds.

Stripped of his suit and laying on the hospital bed as the doctors began to stop the bleeding and bandage the wounds to his abdomen and chest. His arms were unharmed, as was the majority of both his legs. Meaning his tattoo was completely on display for when he was asleep, and healing and the team had come in to see him.

The team didn't question the tattoo in that moment, too worried about Peter and the mount of blood he had lost, but there was a silent agreement of 'later' between them all. They sat gathered around him, waiting for him to wake.

-----

It was around 3 hours later when Peter woke, and the team were still sat around his bed waiting. They had all had a chance to study the tattoo, seeing the part dedicated to them and smiling until their faces hurt. So, when a groan brought them all back to reality, they were relieved to see their Spidey conscious.

"You gave us quite a scare there, kid" Tony broke the silence that had settled in the room.

"Seriously kid, if you weren't hurt so bad right now, I bet Stevie would be lecturing you" Bucky joked softly, earning an elbow to the ribs from mentioned super soldier.

"Heh, sorry. There were a lot of them" Peter huffed before glancing at his arm and the tattoo he would now have to explain and screwing his face up slightly "I uh... Take it you guys have questions?"

That was answered with various sounds of agreement from all round, so He sat up slightly and began to explain.

"Well, uh you guys kind of took me in even though I was just an annoying kid who didn't really take things seriously and helped me grow into who I am now. You let May and me stay here when things got tough and she was being targeted when my identity got out. You guys quite literally save my life, and I wanted to get some permanent reminder of how grateful I will forever be."

By now, no one in the room had a dry eye, not even Natasha (but don't mention that 😉).

From then on, whenever anything got added to the sleeve or he got a tattoo elsewhere, he always showed the team so they could appreciate it or ask, 'why that design' or 'why there'.

The public also knew about this and loved the idea. Especially when Peter told everyone the reasoning.