Long Time Coming

Peter and Harley had been tip toeing around each other for longer than anyone cared to admit, neither one knowing how to act upon their feelings for each other. The question among the team was who would take initiative and make a move first – most said Harley as he was blunter and got right to the point.

The fleeting looks the two shared were becoming insufferable and the team of hero's were getting restless. They could see the pair wanted each other and they could cut the tension with a knife when they were in the same room. They would make eye contact, look away instantly and blush profusely.

-----

A few days later, it seemed that Harley had had enough and decided to act upon his feelings much to the relief of everyone in the tower, even the interns.

Peter had just returned from walking around the labs, seeing what experiments were going on and seeing if he could help in anyway, he stepped out of the elevator and was walking to his room to change as he got covered in oil from a robot, when Harley was walking towards him.

"Alright sweetheart?" Harley said gruffly, winking at Peter as he walked past. Peter could only stare after him, blushing violently, and watch as Harley walked into the kitchen.

Coming back to himself, Peter made it to his room and entered before stripping and hopping in the shower to clean the oil off himself.

As he stood under the stream of hot water, he thought about his feelings towards Harley and how they had only grown the more time he spent with the taller male, and how he always blushed a light shade of pink when their skin brushed or held eye contact slightly longer than normal. He though about how much he wanted to kiss those lips, how much we wanted to wrap his arms around that broad chest and cuddle him and just be held by him.

He stepped out of the shower, dried off and wrapped a towel around his waist before padding back into his room. He went to his drawer and pulled-out boxers and jeans, pulling them on before chucking the towel on his bed and looking for a shirt. But before he could pull his shirt on a knock sounded on the door.

"Come in" he shouted, forgetting he had no shirt on, and turned to look at the person stood in his doorway.

Harley.

Staring.

Blushing.

Smirking.

That damn smirk.

"Oh, um.... Hi" Peter said shyly, blushing a deep red and looking anywhere but his face.

"Hi indeed" Harley replied, Peter could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Can I come in?"

"Uh... Yeah, yeah sure" Peter said, completely forgetting about the shirt discarded on the floor.

Harley sat on Peters bed and Peter joined, sitting next to him leaving little to no gap between them. The taller male turned towards the spiderling, his smirk still firmly in place, and placed a hand on Peters blushing cheek.

With little warning Harley was leaning towards Peter, who met him half way. Their lips collided in a soft but long-awaited kiss, the two moving perfectly together, as if they were two parts of a jigsaw puzzle. Both teens felt sparks erupt from the contact.

Peter managed to move himself so he was straddling Harleys legs, making them both more comfortable not having to twist their backs awkwardly. Peter had his arms thrown around Harleys neck, playing with the hair at the base of his neck, while Harley had his hands firmly placed on Peters waist, rubbing his thumbs in small circles over the smooth, exposed skin of his hips.

The two stayed this way, sharing small, meaningful kisses for God knows how long before they heard Steve calling for them to come to dinner.

Peter threw on his shirt and the two walked through the halls and into the dining area hand in hand, huge grins plastered on their kiss swollen lips.

As soon as they sat down, the group looked at them before they all broke into cheers, wolf whistles and jumping up and down in excitement.

"Took you fucking long enough" Tony said above all the commotion. The new couple just smiled at each other.

It really had been a long time coming.