the new kid

requested by XxlunaspirtxX

It started when tony got a new intern. Peter wasn't in the lab as much, he spent more time in his room when he was at the compound. The team didn't understand why, Steve and Bucky talked to him, But not as much as they used to. Clint didn't pull as many pranks on him. Sam didn't have redwing following him to annoy him. Nat, Pepper and Wanda didn't ask him to stay for girls night anymore. Bruce and Tony didn't have him in the lab as much anymore and Thor didn't give him bone crushing or saying "Man of spiders, let us talk!" while opening a new box of pop tarts.

Peter no longer spent much time at the compound, but when he did he would see everyone, including the new kid, Chris, laughing and joking with each other. so he did what he thought was best, he returned his spidey suit.

he didn't say anything at first, just handed Tony the suit. everyone gave him confused looks, except Chris who just looked smug. 

"why are you giving it back?" tony asked confused

"I don deserve it" Peter said sadly as he set it down and walked out. But before to elevator doors closed, he heard Chris crack a joke and everyone forgot about what just happened and laughed with him.

--Jeff says its a time skip--

As Peter entered his Aunts room in the hospital she smiled up at him. They both knew her time was almost up, cancers a bitch I think we can all agree. 

"hey Pete" she said tiredly "why the long face?" she asked when she saw his sad eyes and frown.

"Mr.Stark got a new intern and he's pretty much replaced me in the group, I returned y suit and they didn't even bat an eyelid." he replied sadly. May knew he was the city web-slinger and knew how much he loved the suit.

"oh honey, i'm sure they'll come around" she said before breaking into a coughing  fit. he smiled at her sadly.

"how're you feeling May?" Peter asked changing the subject.

"I don't know Pete. i'm fighting so hard and I don't how much longer I can hold on." she said. By now they both had tears in the eyes threatening to spill. Peter stayed and talked with her until visiting hours were up. 

he went home, put on his homemade suit and swung through the city, he went past the compound to see if he left anything important in his room but when he looked through the window, all his stuff was gone. It was redecorated and Chris sat on the bed reading. before he could look at the window, peter had left to swing back to his apartment in Queens. He sat on his bed and cried himself to sleep, the whole thing with the avengers and Chris to May in the hospital had really gotten to him, his sleep was plagued with nightmares and he woke feeling even more drained than before.

--Jeff says another time skiperoo--

a week had passed and so had Aunt May. Peter was forced onto the streets as his apartment was sold along with almost everything in it. He only kept his Aunt and Uncles wedding bands on a chain around his neck and his uncles briefcase with his aunts favorite jumper (It was Bens). 

he no longer went to school and he barely ate, which was not good for his fast metabolism.  

He'd been on the street for two weeks and was extremely skinny, weak and pale. his spidey-sense wasn't working well and he was dirty and depressed. 

the newspaper headlines read 'where has spider-man gone' and 'come back spidey, we need you'

and it was just his luck that Tony drove past with none other than his new favorite kid. Tony got out of his car and walked over him with a stern and serious look on his face.

"Something wrong or do you just want attention?" Tony asked maliciousness clear in his voice.

"wouldn't you like to know" He scoffed and looked up at him.

"Wow attitude. May kick you out cause of it? did she get tired of you?"

" Nope May died and I've been living on the streets for almost a month" he said with fake enthusiasm.

"Going for sympathy now are we?" 

Peter was furious, this hit deep and he couldn't hide it anymore, he let loose and screamed at his former father figure. people turned to watch ,cause oh goodness a kid is shouting at THE Tony Stark.

"YOU KNOW WHAT. YOU DONT JUST GET TO  SHOW UP AND BE A DICK. MAY DIED, IM HOMELESS, IM DEPRESSED, I HAVEN'T EATEN FOR AT LEAST A WEEK, I SMELL AND ON TOP OF IT ALL I HAVE NO FAMILY LEFT. YOU CANT JUST ROLL UP SEE ME , GET OUT YOUR FANCY CAR AND RUB IT ALL IN MY FACE. SO PISS OFF BACK YOU THAT LITTLE ASS HOLE AND FORGET ABOUT ME AGAIN. LEAVE ME HERE TO DIE CAUSE GOD KNOWS THATS ALL I WANT RIGHT NOW, GO BACK TO YOUR BIG HOUSE, YOUR AVENGERS. YOUR FUCKING FAMILY. BE GREATFUL YOU HAVE ONE!!!"

by now he had tears running down his face, Tony seemed to see his error and a look of guilt took over his features.

"kid I'm so sorry, I never realized." he said with a sad voice

"no you never do"

"you're a minor, shouldn't you be in an orphanage?"

"im not living in one of those hell holes. I'd rather stay on the street for the few months till im 18"

"get in the car kid" Tony said with a small smile

"why?"

"cause im taking you home"

"I don't have one. the apartment was sold along with everything in it" he looked down

"not what I meant. you're coming back to the compound"

he didn't give Peter time to answer before he pulled him up off the ground and walked him to the car and opened the door. Peter reluctantly got in and closed the door. he didn't miss the look Chris gave Tony when he got in the drivers seat. 

the whole ride back to the compound was silent, when they got in Tony told peter to go shower in his old room. Chris shot him a look before he left.

"Guys we need to help Peter. May died, are you guys cool for me to adopt him?"

before anyone could answer, Chris decided to be first:

"WHAT!?!? that pathetic loser? You see him in the street and you want to adopt him? what the hell he's pathetic, why would you want that asshole as a son?!" he all but shouted

"Get out" tony said

"what? Why?"

"I said. GET OUT!" Tony shouted. and when he saw the looks on the others faces he wasted no time in scrambling out. peter of course heard that all. then tuned out as he cleaned up.

"Tony we'd be more than happy for you to adopt Peter. If Peter's happy for you to do that" Steve said calmly. just as peter walked back in.

"if Peters happy for him to do what?" He said in a small voice

"if you're happy for us to adopt you?" tony said scratching the back of his neck.

"i'd be ok with that." He said with a small smile

so that's exactly what happened.

2 weeks later Peter was officially park of the dysfunctional family, he had eaten decent meals and was back at saving the city. everyone was helping him with Mays death and he has never been more grateful for these people in his life.