Nightmare

The apartment was dark. The lights were off because everyone was asleep.

It was around 3 in the morning when Peter woke suddenly with a gasp and tears rolling down his face. Another nightmare.

It was dark, raining, with flashes of lightning lighting the sky for a few seconds every now and then. Peter was standing in the rubble of a fallen building; his feet were stuck to the floor. It was like he had been put in cement that dried around his feet to keep him there. He could hear Steve and Bucky fighting in the distance, calling to each other to make sure they were still alive. Peter couldn't figure out who they were fighting, it was too dark, too loud. Far too much for his Spidey senses to make out any full sentences. He tried to yell for Steve, but he found he couldn't make a sound, not even a whisper. He couldn't call out for them to jump out of the way as he saw a building begin to collapse on top of them both. He could only watch as the bricks, cement and glass fell and crushed two of his favorite people. The people who took him in after Tony died. After May died. When he felt like he had no one. He tried to scream again. No luck.

-

Peter did his best to calm his breathing and stop the tears falling from his eyes. He carefully stood up and made his way to his door and out into the hallway. He made his way down the hall to Steve and Bucky's room; he gave a slight knock and opened the door.

Steve sat up groggily as he noticed Peter enter the room, he nudged Bucky who also sat up.

"Pete? What's up? Are you okay?" Steve asked the boy. Peter took a shaky breath and walked further into the room.

"C'mon kid. Come talk to us" Bucky said as he patted the bed as an invitation for Peter to join them.

Peter accepted the invitation and joined the two in the king-sized bed, still shivering from the shock of his nightmare. He looked at Steve, then at Bucky, then down at his hands. What he said next had the two super soldiers cuddling the boy and reassuring him that they were okay.

"I had a nightmare about you guys, and I wanted to make sure you were still here. I can't lose you too"