everybody lies

everyone has scars. when someone lies to you, a scar appears on your body. the bigger the lie, the bigger the scar.

We do what we have to when we fall in love.
We say what we need to get out when it's not enough.
Whether it's to yourself, or lookin' at someone else.

Everybody lies, lies, lies.
It's the only truth sometimes.
Doesn't matter if it's out there somewhere waiting for the world to find.
Or buried deep inside. Everybody lies.

tony had scars, people told him he'd be ok, that an alcohol addiction wouldn't kill him. they lied, it nearly did.

Just being honest, we're playing for both sides.
It's easy to decieve but it's hard when the trust that's broken is mine.
For better, or for worse, for the happy, for the hurt.

Everybody lies, lies, lies.
It's the only truth sometimes.
Doesn't matter if it's out there somewhere waiting for the world to find.
Or buried deep inside. Yeah, everybody lies. 

Steve had scars, bigger than Tony's. people told him that losing Bucky on the train wouldn't be a big deal if he didn't make it that, but he was in love with bucky and couldn't bare to see him hurt let alone dead. they told him he wouldn't do irrational things, but we all know he hoped to see Bucky when he crashed that plane. they told him being gay was wrong, look at him now.

everybody lives
And everybody dies
Yeah

Buckys scars were bigger than steves. people told him being friends with the scrawny sickly kid was the worst decision he could ever make, it was the best thing he ever did. people told him family was the best thing and only thing you will ever need, he learned that wasn't true. people told him he could be free, hydra taught him otherwise.

Oh, it doesn't matter if it's out there
Somewhere
Waiting for the world to find
Or buried deep inside
Everybody lies

But Peter? Peter had the biggest scar. he had one right across his chest, joining his right shoulder to his left bottom rib. his parents told him they'd never leave him, ben promised he would always come back, may said she would always love him, no matter what. and Gwen said she loved him, only him. But, his parents left, ben never returned, may kicked him out for being Spiderman, for saving people. but to her, he was a criminal, he was a low life vigilante who didn't belong anywhere near her, he was scum. and Gwen cheated, then left him for someone else.

everyone had scars, some were just bigger, more painful and they would never leave. It was a constant reminder that people lied to them.