Chapter 4 - Practice Session

It was morning and sam was sleeping. It was past 8:30 when her phone rang. She groaned in her sleep and picked up the phone without opening her eyes.

"Hello". She said with heavy voice. "You still sleeping sam i am already here to pick you up standing just outside your house". It was hardik.

"Ohh shit i overslept please come in i will be there in 5". She said now fully awake. "Ok". He said and she went to freshen up. She brushed her teeth and took a quick shower and got ready in her casual wear.

She tied her hairs and took her things and rushed downstairs. She got ready in 5 minutes. Hardik was sitting with her parents and they were talking.

Hardik stood up seeing her. She hugged and kissed her mom, dad's cheek. "Good morning mom dad, i am leaving see you later we are running late". She said.

"It was nice meeting you both see you again soon". Hardik said and hugged them and they both left.

They got in the car and drove off. "Sorry for making you wait i slept late at night and i did not hear my alarm". Samaira said to which he smiled.

"It's alright sam it happens, but we left early than why you did not sleep early?". Hardik asked.

"I was studying and lost the track of time it was around 3:30 when i slept". Samaira said with a sheepish smile on her face. He looked at her shocked.

"Damn girl you are so hardworking and ambitious that you lost track of time while studying, i know studies is important but health is important too, rest is important too". Hardik said and she smiled at his concern.

"I know but i am used to studying at night and staying awake and than couldn't wake up the early the other morning". She said laughing.

"Yeah that's normal for a person not to wake up when they have been awake for the most of the night". Hardik said and she nodded.

"Can't help it i have got used to this". Samaira said. "We will make sure that you sleep on time or atleast a bit early so that you get much needed sleep". Hardik said and she smiled.

They reached the stadium having conversation here and there. It was about to be 10 when they reached. Hardik went to change into training gear while sam went to the ground.

She found everyone warming up. She was looking around when ravi came from behind. "Good morning sam". He greeted.

"Good morning". She wished back. "Come with me i will get you your kit and everything needed". Ravi said and took her to the dressing room.

A whole kit was ready for her with her name written in bold. "Soo it has your Jersey with your name on it with a jacket, sweats and women board shorts, you can wear bottoms in which you are comfortable. While travelling you can prefer jeans or anything. Here's a laptop with their medical history and past records of their injuries. Other accessories are there in the kit. A medi kit with all tapes and medicines if you need any other supplies tell me we will arrange it for you". Ravi said and she nodded.

"Get change into your Jersey, changing room is there". Ravi said and she took the Jersey and went to change. She got changed into the Jersey and came back with her jeans on.

Ravi than took her to the stadium and saw everyone had started with their training. Ravi asked her to sit in the dugout and she took the laptop wore her glasses and started going through their medical reports.

She studied each and everyone's report in depth and studied their nature of injuries and how they deep their injury were and how they were treated.

She was engrossed in her studying their reports. It was after 4 hours boys took break. Virat looked for her and found her sitting in the dugout studying intently. He went and sat besides her which she did not notice.