Chapter 11 - Conversation And Surprise

Sam was sleeping when her phone started ringing. It was past 2 in the morning. She rubbed her eyes and looked at her phone. It was an unknown she thought who is calling her this early in morning.

She picked up the phone. "Hello". She said and got out of the bed as she was thirsty too. She made her way into the kitchen.

"Hello sorry for disturbing you this early in morning. I am Rahi's dad Nilay she has woken up but she is in much pain and no nurses are around". He said panicking a bit. She got into the doctor mode.

"Calm down go to the nurse station and connect me to an on duty nurse anyone". Sam said and he rushed outside towards the nurse station.

He told that there's a doctor on call and wants to talk to anyone of them. He handed the phone. "Yes doctor". She asked.

"Who is assigned duty in ICU why aren't you guys taking round a young patient is in much pain get there quick and check which medicine was given last and when". Sam said getting a bit angry and they rushed on their feet.

They rushed inside to see little one in tears due to pain. Sam heard the moans and winced listening to her moans. Nurses shuffled through the pages.

"She was given a dose of fentanyl at 9 through iv". She said. "When is the next dose to be given?". Sam asked. "After 5 in morning". She said.

"Inject saline 10 ml with morphine 2 mg through iv it will give her relief soon keep monitoring her and other patient this carelessness isn't tolerable. If this is repeated i will get the person responsible fired from the job, is it clear. I want updates on her conditions within regular intervals". Sam said sternly and she got scared.

"This won't happen again, we are sorry". She apologised on everyone's behalf and gave the phone back to her father.

"The medicine should take an effect on her within 10 mins, she will calm down soon. I will come and visit her in morning". Sam assured him and he smiled.

"Thank you so much dear for answering the call even in middle of night, your family is very lucky to have a gem like you, see you in morning". Nilay said and hunged up. The mention of family made her a bit emotional and tears welled up in her eyes.

"Whom you were talking too at this hour?". Harry asked startling her and she jumped on her place. "Rahi's dad the girl whom i treated today she woke up with much pain and no one was around so he called, why are you awake though". Sam asked not meeting his eyes.

He nodded and got by her side looked at her for a while took her in a hug. "Let it out sammy". Hardik said wiping off her tears.

"I do miss my family everyone but i don't want to face sameer right now i might end up doing something which i will regret later on". Sam said and hardik kept rubbing her back and tightened his hold on her.

"You know he understands me so much we don't need words to communicate and now even when words are spoken it's difficult to communicate and we end up fighting. He is my pillar of strength my everything but now i feel all alone not having his support. This distant feelings are eating me up. I can't do this anymore". Sam said breaking down in his arms. His heart broke seeing her heart broken.

"God how will she react when she comes to know about them being engaged over a month god please don't make it difficult for her she has already gone through a lot". Hardik thought.

"Sam no need to face sameer until and unless you are ready. Don't bottle up your feelings and you would know better than us what will happen if you do it. We have got your back no matter what we will trouble sameer more and if you want we can break their bones you know, you look like a ghost with this tears smile suits you more, we will prank him". Hardik explained her and she nodded and chuckled at his statement making him to smile in relief. They started making strategies to prank him and trouble him.