Chapter 39 - Press Conference

Shardul, jaddu and harry were fuming silently and were trying to cheer up sam who was keeping herself busy and wasn't listening to them. Jaddu was going on with his Jamnagar talks trying to cheer sam.

"Harry chal ne garba ramiye.. Sam tu pan chal ee haloo... Garba harvani khushi ma( harry let's play garba, come sam.. Let's play garba for losing the game)". Jaddu said laughing in his usual laugh like manner. Sam gave him a look.

"You don't need to do this sir jadeja you cannot hide the pain of losing behind this laughter of yours i know you are blaming yourself for the loss infact each and every one are probably doing the same... Your this laughter trick works on others not me... You guys need to let go off the guilt the match is over leave it behind and focus on your upcoming match work on the areas you think you should have done better and you guys have played an odi after a very long time so take it easy...Chasing a target of 350 plus is definitely difficult but not impossible and you guys did a great job don't take it as we lost by 66 runs take it in a positive way we just fell short by 66 runs take it as a motivation not as a demotivation". Sam explained it to everyone and the mood instantly changed. They sat discussing on the areas they need to work.

Shardul, jaddu and harry cornered sam. "Are you ok?". They asked. "Yes i am fine i have soo much work to do and don't tell anyone about the conversation that took on field i bet if you tell them they will do something which will get them banned and i wouldn't want that". Sam told them not meeting their eyes and before they could say something they were called out and sam took the opportunity and slipped away.

"We will talk to others once we get to hotel she is right talking to them about that soo called conversation will ignite a world war over here". Jaddu said sensibly and they nodded.

They were called in for formal handshake with opposition. Sam silently slipped away and was about to hide when Ravi spotted her.

"Kiddo where are you going come out for handshake". Ravi said. "No i have some work you go ahead". Sam said to which he shook his head.

"Not happening kiddo we want to show to the world that we have the best in the business and even girls can work with mens without giving a shit of what people says no arguments come". Saying this he dragged her out for handshake.

Australian management were looking at sam giving questioning eyes while the players wanted to say something but sam maintained a straight face and wrapped up the business as early as possible and rushed back to dressing room.

Shardul, jaddu and harry were observing this from far. "I soo want to rip their heads off and beat them black and blue for insulting my baby". Harry said gritting his teeths in anger. Jaddu and shardul were no less fuming.

"We are angry too but Stay calm mowgli if we do something and get banned from the match trust me choti will hold herself responsible and will feel guilty and we don't want that to happen we can't react impulsive". Shardul said and they nodded.

Sam went to the washroom and splashed water on her face repeatedly. "You are strong sam you can't breakdown now, stay strong". She said to herself and composed herself before getting out.

She was normal again no one got a doubt that something happened on field but boy who she is fooling. Meanwhile in hotel roo was getting shit worried and was pacing for yuzi and harry.

"Roo for god sake sit down kid is there to handle them". Jinks said calmly yet sternly. "I know she will handle them but i am sure something has happened my gut feeling is saying it i am even worried for kiddo those articles as we haven't told her about it what if she comes to know from someone else". Roo said getting worried and settled down on bed.