✿ Chapter Thirty Five

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

" Are you hurt?" The man was quick to stand on his feet and sprint towards the little boy who was still on the ground, face dug deep on the grass while muffling his sobs when the pain on his forehead began to spread.

The adult's long and veiny arms held the bottom of his arms, lifting him from the ground and to his feet and soon removed a few tiny grasses that glued to his soft skin.

" Hey, shhhh" he carefully patted his head, not much of an expert on taking care of kids-the reason why his mom took care of his brother's three year old daughter. " Uhmm, it's okay"

It's okay? That's all you have to say??!

He scolded himself mentally, almost letting out a scoff of disappointment of his low skills in comforting a crying kid.

" My hed hurrts" the little boy or should the man guess a One-year-old boy said. Due to his height and his senses. It's a very rare opportunity to meet such intellect on a one
-year-old kid. He came from the same foot anyways, learning words in a very early age than normal.

" Don't worry, it will go away" He studied the boy's forehead where an imperfect pinkish circle marked in the middle of his brows, only then he took the opportunity to admire the boy's soft and kind features.

From his mono lid eyes, to the tender lips that reminded him of his lover's baby picture. In all honesty, he kind of look like his baby version of himself if the boy didn't have the slight plump lips that had the perfect cupid's bow as the upper lip.

It was probably his mind or the drug playing on his mind, but the boy look awfully familiar and he had this very strong-but at the same time a faint urge to hug the boy and just leave the hospital and pamper him with the thing he had left. The only thing that held him from doing so is the risk in getting arrested by kidnapping, and it wouldn't be a very convenient problem at the moment since he had to recover and start the plan in retrieving the love of his life.

He must be healthy and strong for him to go on the devil's den and bring the woman back to where she belong.

In his arms.

But she won't be the only one, there would be two lovely angels in addition. Two angels that he already swore he'll love with all of his heart since they're her other half.

But did she ever belong to him?

For years he implanted the thought that she was the one, that they're bound to live together until death takes them away. He believed that his ending was her and so was him to her. Until that night. When he watched her leave. That night when he stupidly let her go and let her battle a war alone- that he could have helped with.

He watched her slip the ring from her finger. The ring that symbolized his love for her. The ring that gave him reassurance that she still belongs to him. He may not know what she did to the ring, she probably threw it or kept it. He hoped it would be the later.

" Wers dad? Do I see dad??" Taejun began to sob louder, tears streaming down from his slightly chubbed cheeks like a waterfall. The man had to wipe it with his sleeves since at the moment he held no handkerchief since he was still sentence to have a week in the building. Thanks to the very deep stabs he received from the attacker that have him a month and a half being hospitalized.