Prologue

Knock!

" Come in " the woman on the desk— doing her work said while she heard the faint knocking on her brown wooden door. The wooden surface slowly creaked open revealing the boss of the company wearing a black complete set of suits, expensive shoes, and branded watch, with his hair gelled sideways looking professionally good. She stopped what she was doing, closing her laptop whilst greeting the boss, and signaled him to sit down on a chair. The man greeted her and followed, taking a seat on the chair while crossing his feet.

" Is this about the files I haven't sent? " She asked, opening some random drawers, attempting to find that slick files.

" No darling it isn't " the so-called boss spoke making the female stop in her action, retreating to the drawers while giving the man a confused look.

" Then what is it? " She asked, placing her coated hands on the glass desk. She was currently wearing a long sleeve leather suit with her black slick formal pants and black heels, her hair was tied up in a bun, and it was still neat and untouched, she wasn't wearing any lipstick or makeup since her bare face are powerful enough to outstand make-up-woman. She was drop-dead gorgeous, her long lashes, perfectly craved eyes with those alluring brown orbs, normal nose, soft and caramel-like skin, and those beautiful sculpted pink lips. All in all, God blessed her with the beauty that rare people can have.

" I'm here to give you a break from the work I've put you into" The man sadly smiled at the female. She felt her heart lighten hearing those words, excitement immediately erupted in her body hearing the news. The man saw it in her eyes, making him smile in delight to see his daughter happy for a long time.

Being the soon to be Hire of Lee's Enterprise can be tempting, father who was currently the boss and the man who was sitting on the chair, placed a lot of work on her shoulder wanting to know if she was capable for the job, which she was but not for long. Their company was earning lots and lots of attention making the sales go higher.

In the beginning, being a CEO wasn't her dream, but being a doctor was. yeah, she now has the knowledge of a business individual and was ready to take the job in just a snap, but her passion still lies in that area. If only her brothers didn't mess up and run away from the responsibility then by now she's probably abroad studying med.

Lee Shang is twenty-two years old and has 3 brothers. Lee Mark, Lee Min, and Lee Hance all ran from this heavy burden. Lee Mark is the oldest son of Mr. Lee but he ended up running away from his responsibilities as the eldest and decided to ditch the power by being a racer, it disappoints his father so much but Mr. Lee can't do anything to just let him do his dreams because he thought his other two sons can claim the responsibility.

Turns out, the other two didn't want to claim anything. Lee Min the second son who violated his dad and the law, is the sole troublemaker of the family.

Lee Hance the youngest of the four, was a good man but to stabilize the company he needed to marry someone, him being a loyal Christian decline the proposal and began to prioritize his belief. He found money a strain in life as it only brings greed and war.

Shang is the third child of the Lees, she wasn't supposed to handle the company since it's strictly advised and pointed out that females can't do companies, she was about to decline the title of the next CEO but the thought of women can't run the society was in her mind, so she accepted the weight that soon will be passed to her and fight for female rights.

"Really!!?? Omg Dad that's surprising!!!" She jumped in joy clapping her hands, this little but cute action made her father's heart melt. Just like the old days. But no, not today. His heart melted in guilt.

They don't have a strong relationship but it's enough for her to receive love from him only because she's the successor. With no mother, she holds her father's love tightly in her palms.

" But that's not it....." He tailed making Shang stop at her little action and waited for him to continue " I spoke to Namjoon's boss and he agreed to give him a vacation, so you could spend some time with your boyfriend" he added making the woman's eyes sparkle in joy, while his daughter was thanking him hundreds of times now, there was this tight feeling in his heart that made him want to regret his decision but he had to, knowing that this would be the last time Shang can see Namjoon, for business purposes.

"dad!!! Thank you so much! This is the best thing you have ever done " She smiled with happiness kissing her father's face.

" But you need to finish today's manual " his father added making her nod eagerly and started to do her work so she could go home and share the big news.

Kim Namjoon was the name of her boyfriend, he was smart, kind loyal, and caring almost the whole meal. He is working as a professional photographer and also a teacher, she met him on one of the projects of the company and they clicked. They agreed to have a secret relationship, agreed to hide their relationship from anyone, even her father and his family, but we all know that no secret can be kept for long, so that happened her father knew and banned her for like a year from Namjoon, so she begged and begged until his father gave her a deal, just do the couple things but hide it from the media, public for short. Namjoon's mother was a fan of their relationship, but his father and her father weren't so sure. So 8 years of relationship were spent with joyful and valuable memories.

Time fly so fast and now Shang was packing her stuff and heading to her car which was in the parking lot, but her day won't stop getting better as she saw Namjoon, wearing a white polo, black slick pants, his favorite red converse, and a mask; holding a large bouquet of white roses, her favorite on his large hands, waving towards Shang's direction.

She smiled, sprinting with her black heels to Namjoon who was in her car waiting for her.

" YAM!! " She slightly screamed, making Namjoon smile and immediately caught her small figure with his other hand.

" After stressful work at school and the studio, you always make me feel energized " Namjoon sighs, slightly bending down whilst digging his head into her caramel and cold neck. He handed Shang the flowers he bought making the girl smell the scented plant, slightly smelling not forgetting to thank him.

" I have good news Ya-"

"If the good news is about you having a month of vacation and you saying I love you, believe me, Yam, I know and I love you too" Namjoon cut her off which made her pout and immediately receive his lips on hers. He's smart after all and that is one of his charms.

" Now let's go before someone sees us and gets the top hot news "

~•~

Ok, the first chapter is boring and I hope you could bare with it 🙇