Sorted!

'You two better get up. The sorting is in an hour.' Madame Pomfrey woke Luna and Alyssa who were exhausted as they'd not slept on a proper bed in weeks- almost a year for Alyssa who camped and sought out horcruxes for ages.

The girls got up rather reluctantly and changed into plain black robes that were worn before you discovered your house. They chatted for a while before heading to the great hall. The other student wouldn't arrive for a small while but Dumbledore asked them to arrive slightly early. They headed to the teachers table and waited until the hall was filled up.

They noticed a few people they recognised- either from seeing them in the future of seeing their look alike children.

'Thank you everybody, let's quiet down. Yes yes I know it's a new school year, very exciting but let's begin.' Dumbledore made a quick speech.

The first years were sorted quickly and then Dumbledore cleared his throat once more to gain silence,
'We now have two more students to sort. They are transfers who will be joining the fifth and sixth year. They have been homeschooled all their life so this is their first time at a schools so please be kind and welcoming.'

Alyssa and Luna walked forwards. They caught the eyes of most students because of their beauty and scars.
'Miss Luna Lovegood.'
There were a few whispers at the surname as her dad attended school.
'Quiet down please everyone.'

Luna walked dreamily up to the chair. She was fairly short with long platinum blond hair which fell in natural waves to just above her waist. She wore a butter beer cork around her neck and her signature radish earrings which caused a couple of sniggers. She had striking bright blue eyes and an expression of pure innocence on here face. When walking up, her robe slipped off her shoulder for a second, revealing the bite- though from a distance, it looked more like a severe burn. There were a few gasps at it but she kept in firmly covered afterwards.

Taking a seat, She let her legs sway as the hat landed on her head.
Ah miss Lovegood- a time traveler I see
That's correct well done
Where to put you...
Ravenclaw please
That's where you were previously from what I can see, well. Hufflepuff is a bit too nice- you have a mean streak
Thank you
Not Slytherin either but hmm yes! I know. Better be...GRYFFINDOR!

'What! No I can't be. How dare you say that- you're lying,' she turned to McGonagall who looked rather amused, 'He is lying!'
'The sorting hat doesn't lie Miss Lovegood. Please join the Gryffindors.'
'Fine but he made a mistake. Maybe he is infested with Nargles. That would explain a lot.'
People were laughing at her now, finding it rather amusing that the girl was fighting with a hat. She stuck her tongue out at it before walking to the Gryffindor table. On the way she started waving at everyone and greeting them. She was certainly very strange.

Luna sat next to Lily Evans as she wanted to get to know Harry's mum.
'Hello, I'm Luna Lovegood.'
'Nice to meet you- I'm Lily Evans.'

'Miss Alyssa Granger.'

Alyssa was very beautiful. She had always been.
Everyone was shocked by her, she looked hauntingly beautiful. Her face had a broken look as though she wanted to give up, she looked so fragile that she could break and yet she was being looked at by everyone in a sense of awe. She was average height with dark brown, almost black, hair reaching halfway down her back in messy curls. Her eyes were wide and sea blue. She had two large scars across her face as though she had been scratched by a claw- it was Fenrir Greyback's doing of course. She kept pulling her left sleeve down as if she was hiding something. Her legs were also littered with scars as well as the only parts of her arms that weren't covered.

She sat gingerly on the edge of the seat and the sorting hat was placed on her head. Everyone waited with baited breath, willing her to be in their house.
Ah miss Granger, another time traveller like your friend
That's right
Well last time you were in Gryffindor correct?
Yup that's right
Since then you have lost and battled. You're a different person. No offence but you're not nice enough to be a Hufflepuff.
Meh, I don't care
What about Ravenclaw? You are very intelligent- but no I don't think so.
So Gryffindor or Slytherin.
Indeed. You possess qualities of both houses. What do you think?
Well I'm gonna be leaving soon anyway and I think there are bigger problems in life than which school house I'm sorted into. I couldn't care less.
Well, if you're sure then I guess I'll go with...ah yes. Better be SLYTHERIN.

There were many murmurs at this and she could see the disappointment in the Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw's and the clear disgust etched on the faces of many Gryffindor. The Slytherin looked happy and cheered loudly- not for long, they'll soon find out i'm a 'mudblood.'

Alyssa wasn't at all fussed at being in Slytherin. The war had brought out the ugly, violent side in her and she knew that she would be either Gryffindor or Slytherin. She walked towards the Slytherin table when a small golden haired girl barrelled into her. Luna had gotten up from the Gryffindor table and ran to hug her friend. They hugged for a couple seconds, unaware that everyone in the hall was staring at them. Alyssa's face that had stayed blank and sad from the moment they'd seen her, was now smiling at the younger girl with clear affection. They broke apart and murmured quietly to each other for a minute. Those closest to them could hear the odd phrase such as, 'Don't worry' 'we can still communicate' 'what do you think...' etc.

Then Alyssa reached into her clutch purse that she had been holding tightly to her side since they arrived. There were confused whispers at this- undetectable extension charm courtesy of Hermione. She pulled out a small hand mirror and passed it to Luna and quietly whispering something. Luna nodded and they hugged once more before heading to their separate tables which were coincidentally on opposite sides of the room.

Luna sat back with Lily and Alyssa sat by Narcissa.