7.8

All the students were rushing down the corridor and Harry spotted Cho, catching up to her.
'Cho. What's going on?'
'It's Professor Trelawney.'
They went out into the courtyard where all the students had gathered around. In the middle stood Umbrige and Trelawney.
'Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this.'
'Actually, I can.' She held up some papers.

'Is she firing her?' Lily asked in shock.
'I know she's a fraud but that's a bit harsh.' James frowned.

McGonagall rushed out to comfort Trelawney.

'Something you'd like to say dear?' Umbridge asked.
'Oh, there are several things I would like to say.' She turned to Trelawney. 'There...'

'Say them Minnie!' James encouraged.

Dumbledore pushed open the doors, entering the courtyard.
'Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?'
'Sybil, dear. This way.'
'Thank you.'

'I hate Dumbledore but thank god.' Remus said.

'Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23 as enacted my the minister-'
'You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster.'
'For now.' She smiled.

'Ugh she's so annoying.' Marlene groaned.

Dumbledore turned to leave, saying,
'Don't you all have studying to do?'

'Uh he's in a bad mood.' Barty observed.

Harry ran after him,
'Professor. Professor? Professor Dumbledore. Professor! Professor Dumbledore.'
He ignored Harry, leaving.

'Uh rude.' Bella said, 'why is Harry so in the dark about everything this year?'

Hermione, Alyssa and Ron sat on the sofas in the common room, Harry distanced slightly. Hermione ranted,
'That foul, evil, old gargoyle. We're not learning how to defend ourselves. We're not learning how to pass our OWLs. She's taking over the entire school.'

'Too right.' Sirius agreed.

Harry turned up the radio to reveal Fudge's voice,
'Security has been and will remain the Ministry's top priority. Furthermore, we have convincing evidence that these disappearances are the work of notorious mass murderer Sirius Black.'

'Oh for fucks sake mate!' Sirius groaned in annoyance, 'they blame everything on me don't they?'
'You do have a pretty guilty face.' Marlene shrugged.
'Fuck off.' Sirius sulked.

The fire suddenly crackled and Sirius appeared in the fire.
'Harry.'

'Good timing.' Peter said, 'or bad since you probably shouldn't show up at Hogwarts if they think you're a mass murdererer. Can't relate.'
'Shut up.' Sirius pouted.

'Sirius. What are you doing here?'
'Answering your letter.'

'Writing would just be too easy.' Remus rolled his eyes.

'You said you were worried about Umbridge. What's she doing? Training you to kill half-breeds?'
'Sirius. She's not letting us use magic at all.'
'Well, I'm not surprised. The latest intelligence is that Fudge doesn't want you trained in combat.'
'Combat? What does he think, we're forming some sort of wizard army?'
'That's exactly what he thinks. That Dumbledore is assembling his own forces to take on the Ministry. He's becoming more paranoid by the minute. The others wouldn't want me telling you this, Harry...but things aren't going at all well with the Order. Fudge is blocking the truth at every turn...and these disappearances are just how it started before. Voldemort is on the move.'