5.9

A woman appeared in a puff of smoke in Hogwarts. She was well groomed and dressed colourfully.
'What a charismatic quartet. Hello!'

The four tri-wizard champions were stood together in a group. She walked over to them and shook each of their hands.
'I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course you know that don't you. It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks? what mysteries do the muscles mask? does courage lie beneath those curls? In short, what makes a champion
tick. Me, myself and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing? Mmm? Shall we start with the youngest. Lovely.'

She took Harry by the hand into a closet.

'I don't like her.' Remus commented.
'Rita Skeeter...she was a few years ahead of us right?' Xeno asked, 'she was in Ravenclaw.'

'This is cosy.'
'It's a broomcupboard.'
'You should feel right at home then.'

'Sorry?' Lily blinked in surprise, 'what did she just say?'

'Don't mind if I use the quill do you?'
'Oh, no.'
'So Harry, here you sit, a mere boy of twelve-'

'He's fourteen.'

'I'm fourteen.'
'...about to compete against three students. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself but have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?'

'Well he probably is now.' Evan scoffed.

'I dunno I haven't really thought about it.'
'Course you're not just any ordinary boy of twelve are you...'
'Fourteen.'

'She seems like a bitch.' Barty said.

'The story's legend. Do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament.'

'For fuck's sake.'

'No I didn't enter.'
'Course you didn't. Everyone loves a rebel Harry.' She turned, speaking to her quill, 'Scratch that last. Speaking of your parents, were they alive, how do you think they'd feel? proud? Or concerned that your attitude shows at best a pathological need for attention, at worst a psychotic deathwish.'

'What the fuck?!' Remus said in disbelief.
'If we were alive then Harry wouldn't be talking to you bitch.' Lily scowled.

Harry frowned, looked at her notepad,
'Hey, my eyes aren't glistening with the ghosts of my past.'

Marlene burst out laughing as Lily glared.
'Sorry Lils, but that's funny.'

The memory cut to another, an owl flew in with a letter for Harry, he took it and began to read.

'Harry. I couldn't risk sending Hedwig. It was since the world cup and the ministry's been intercepting more and more owls and she's too easily recognised. We need to talk Harry. Face to face. Meet me in the Griffindore common room at one o clock this Saturday night and make sure you're alone. P.S....'
The owl nipped Harry's finger.
'AGH!'
'The bird bites.'

'Meet me in the Gryffindor common room? Did you forget that you're a wanted criminal?' Regulus said dryly to Sirius who stuck his tongue out back at him.
'No, seriously, did you?' Remus added on.
A grin split over Sirius' face,
'I guess I siriusly did.'
'Oh for fucks sake.' Bella growled angrily.
'Get it? Siriusly, as in Sirius-ly.'
'Everyone gets it Sirius. Everyone got it the first time you made the joke and we still do now, a million times later.' Regulus said, rubbing his head in agitation.