6.1

The memory cut to McGonagall standing in front of all the Gryffindor students.

'The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost...a dance.'
Groans emerged from the boys who were listening on. The girls seemed a lot more excited.

'A dance? Poor people.' Barty shuddered.
'That sounds fun.' James grinned.

'Silence. The house of Godrick Griffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard
world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons.'

Fred turned, whispering to George,
'Try saying that five times faster.'

James and Sirius tried and failed within seconds.

They tried and failed.
'Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight.'

Ron turned, whispering to another boy,
'Something's about to burst out of Hilary but I don't think it's a swan.'

Lily rolled her eyes, muttering disapprovingly,
'Boys.'

'Inside every boy a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasley, will you join me.'
She grabbed a horrified Ron and pulled him up to dance.

Barty grinned,
'This should be good.'

'Now, place your right hand on my waist.'
'Where?'

'The horror on his face!' James laughed at his expression.

'My waist.'

He did so and a wolf whistle came from the crowd.
'Now bend your arm. Mr Filch...'
The music started.

'One two three, one two three, one two
three.'
Alyssa could be heard cheering loudly.
'Yes Ron! Whoo! Such grace.'
Hermione nudged her to silence her but a smile was evident on her face.
Alyssa then began clapping along, closely followed by the twins, then Seamus and Harry and soon the whole room was cheering and clapping as Ron turned more and more red by the second.

'Poor boy can't catch a break.' Cissa laughed.
'Hey, I just had a thought.' James grinned.
'Oh shit, that's never good.' Bella joked although it looked as though she meant it.
'You're actually really mean. That's a rubbish joke.'
'Not a joke.'
'Shut up. It's a good thought.'
'Well please enlighten us.' Remus nodded.

'Okay, so Snape is the head of Slytherin so, so...' James cut himself off with laughter.
'I really don't like where this is going.' Severus muttered.
'Okay, so Snape must be teaching the Slytherins how to dance,' he began laughing again, 'can you imagine, him swishing around in his villain cloak, waltzing with Draco. Ha!'
Severus scowled as the others tried to hide their laughs at the image.

Harry leant back to the Weasley twins who was still cheering.
'Oi! Never gonna let him forget this are you?'
'Never.'

'Everybody come together.' McGonagall called out.

Most of the girls quickly stood and walked forward, the boys all still seated.
'Boys, on your feet.'
Neville stood.

Alice grinned.