7.3

The teens all stood at the top of the stairwell, peering over. They held a long string with an ear attached to it, listening into the Order's conversation.

'Fred and George are literal genius'!' Sirius exclaimed.
'I'd pay good money to get one of those.' James agreed.
'Merlin I'm so glad they haven't been created yet.' Lily sighed.

'If anyone has a right to know, it's Harry. If it wasn't for Harry...we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back.'

'So true.' James agreed.

'He's not a child, Molly.'

'Well, technically he is.' Barty objected.

'But he's not an adult either. He's not James, Sirius.'

'Well of course not- no one could compare.' James smirked arrogantly.
'I obviously know he's not James.' Sirius muttered in annoyance.

'Well, he's not your son.'

'Punches thrown left and right- damn!' Marlene laughed.

'He's as good as. Who else has he got?'

'Me!' Sirius exclaimed.

Ginny walked out onto the stairs to join the others.
'Hey, Ginny.'

'He's got me.'
'How touchingly paternal, Black. Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather.'

Marlene laughed gained looks from all the marauders.
'What? Okay, I know he's an asshole but that was funny.'

'Now, you stay out of this, Snivellus.'

'Love the maturity Sirius.' Bella laughed.

'Snape's part of the Order?' Harry said in shock.
'Git.'

'Okay but what? Snape is in the Order? He's a deatheater. What the fuck was Dumbledore thinking?' James said in disbelief.
'I guess he turned good?' Frank said.
'Bullshit.' Sirius shook his head.
'You are aware I'm in the room right?' Severus asked with a roll of his eyes.
'Well I've learnt to tune out your presence so-' Sirius started before being cut off by Lily,

'Christ, do we really have to hear this again? We get it- you hate each other. Can we please move past this ridiculous grudge you've kept since fucking first year? You are 17 years old for fucks sake. Get over yourselves. James, Sirius, Peter, believe it or not, it's not actually hilarious when you bullied a first year kid who did nothing wrong- I mean now I get that he's an asshole now but back then he did nothing to deserve that. And Severus, stop acting like you're always the victim- don't act as if you don't go around cursing students just because of their parents. Oh, and Remus, I love you but just because you sit their and roll your eyes disapprovingly whilst your friends bully Severus, doesn't mean you've don't nothing wrong. You could get them to stop but you don't. Okay? Now can you PLEASE stop fighting so we can watch these memories.'
'...'
'...'
'Yes, thanks you Lils, I've been waiting years for you to put those motherfuckers in their place.' Marlene cheered.

'I can't believe you just got annoyed with us for stopping us from watching the memories, you who just went on a fucking 5 minute rant about why we should stop talking.' Sirius sulked.
'Oh for fucks sake.' Lily groaned.

'...about your supposed reformation.'
'I know better.'
'So why don't you tell him?'

Crookshanks appeared below them, taking an interest in the extendable ear dangling by the door, pouncing on it in an attempt to rip it off.

'No! That conversation was interesting.' Evan groaned.

'Get off it.'
'Quick.'
'Get it up.'
'Crookshanks. Stop it.'
'Get off, you bloody cat.'
'Crookshanks. Leave it alone.'
'Get it up.'
'Leave it alone.'
'Hermione, I hate your cat.'
'Bad Crookshanks.'