2.2

A/N- hey! Sorry I haven't updated in ages- I've been kind of busy. This is also quite a short chapter but I'll try and update more now!
——————————————————

The quartet walked with Hagrid, talking about their suspicion of Snape.
'Nonsense. Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?'
'Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?'
'Who told you about Fluffy?'

'I'm sorry what?' Sirius said in disbelief. Barty scoffed,
'Our of all the names he could of picked for the deadly three-headed dog of course Hagrid picked Fluffy. Why am I even surprised.'

'Fluffy?'
'That thing has a name?'
'It's a dog, of course it has a name dipshit.' Alyssa rolled her eyes earning her a whack to the back of the head from Hermione and reproachful looks from Harry and Ron.

'She acts like your mum.' Evan grinned. Lily sighed,
'Well at least there's someone to keep you three in place.'

'Watch your younger Alyssa, shouldn't be sayin such things at your age. But you're right, of course he's got a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish feller I met down at the pub last year. Then I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the...'
'Yes?'

Most people leant forwards in interest, hoping to hear what fluffy was guarding whilst Lily sighed again in vague disappointment at Hagrid's awful secret keeping skills.

'Shouldn't have said that. No more questions. Don't ask any more questions. That's top secret, that is.'
'But, Hagrid, whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it.'
Alyssa frowned at this,
'Well, it may not be Snape.' At the same time as Hagrid exclaimed,
'Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher.'

Severus once again was filled with surprise at her faith in him, especially after he was so cruel to her in Potions. Alyssa pointedly ignored everyone's gaze, not wanting to give anything away.

The other three Gryffindors turned to Alyssa in disbelief.
'Don't be dense, the guys evil and he's had it out for Harry from the start.' Ron pointed out.

'He has a point.' Barty muttered, 'I mean, has he been nice to Harry once.'

Alyssa rolled her eyes,
'There's a difference between disliking and picking on a student, and trying to steal from the school. You're making assumptions! Anyway, I think it's Quirrel.'

'Quirrel? Really?' Sirius frowned.
'He doesn't seem capable of it.' Peter added. Alyssa gave him a side glare and muttered under her breath,
'Interesting how it's always the people you least expect who betray you.'
But no one heard- thankfully or they would ask questions.

They all stared at her in disbelief.
'Quirrel! That stuttering fool. Yeah right.' Ron scoffed.
'It's always the one you expect the least in books.' Alyssa shrugged.
'Well we're not in a book.' Harry retorted in irritation. Hermione nodded,
'Sorry Ali but Snape was jinxing the broom- how do you explain that?' Alyssa shrugged,
'He could of been stopping the broom or maybe he was chanting Slytherin in support.'

'Seems like you're making big stretches so it fits.' Lily said but Severus couldn't help feeling some hope at the fact he may not be guilty.

'That's a big stretch.' Hermione replied and Alyssa sighed.
'Well I don't think it's Snape anyway.'
Hagrid gestured to Alyssa in agreement,
'Right. That and he's a Hogwarts teacher.' Hermione shook her head,
'Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking.'
'Exactly.'
'Now you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is strictly between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel.'
'Nicholas Flamel?'