1.4

The figure walks into the house and the shadow is cast off them making it clear who it is.

'Hagrid!' Half of the students chorused happily- the other half being Slytherins who looked down on Hagrid and looked disgusted at the fact it was him.

'A'right then? Wouldn't be able to get me o'cup of tea would yeh- it's been a long trip.' Hagrid grinned.

He walked heavily over to Dudley,

'And Harry! Been a while since I last saw you but I must say you grown a bit round there.'
He gestured around his middle.

Sirius snorted and Lily wrinkled up her nose and the thought of Dudley being mistaken for her son.

Dudley opened and closed his mouth a couple of times before finally saying,

'I-I'm not Harry.'

Harry stepped out of the shadows into view drawing everyone's attention to him,

'I am.'

Hagrid beamed at him,

'Well o'course yeh are! Yeh look just like your parents.' He sat onto the sofa with a contented sigh and Vernon walked forwards to him angrily with his rifle raised.

'Sir! I demand you leave at once you are breaking and entering!'

Regulus snorted at this,
'Like he'd care about that.'

'Oh dry up Dursley yeh great prune.' He exclaimed before bending the rifle as if it were a mere piece of rubber chucking it into the corner of the room.

There were many cheers for Hagrid at this point.

'Ere yeh you Harry I got something for yeh, nigh of sat on it on the way but I reckon it'll taste just the same.'

He reached into his cloak and pulled out a white box tied with blue twine. Harry opened it cautiously to reveal a chocolate cake cover in pink icing with 'happe birfday Harry' piped messily in green on top.

'Happy birthday Harry- it's not every day yeh young man turns 11 now is it.'

The students smiled sadly at the scene, happy Harry's birthday was remembered but sad it wasn't a regular occurrence. Lily said,
'I love Hagrid so much!' And Alice nodded in agreement.

Harry stared at the cake in surprise before saying,
'Sorry, who are you?'

'How polite.' Evan commented dryly earning glares from Harry's future parents.

Hagrid chuckled,
'Right o'course, names Rubeus Hagrid but you can just call me Hagrid. I'm the keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts. What about that tea then, eh?' he said, rubbing his hands together.
'I'd not say no ter summat stronger if yeh've got it, mind."  His eyes fell on the empty grate with the shriveled chip bags in it and he snorted. He bent down over the fireplace; they couldn't see what he was doing but when he drew back a second later, there was a roaring fire there. It filled the whole damp hut with flickering light.

'Is he allowed to use magic outside of Hogwarts?' Severus asked but got no reply.

'I'm sorry but I still don't really know who you are.' Harry said finally.

'Well as I said keeper of keys and grounds at Hogwarts- you'll know all about Hogwarts of course.'

'No'

'NO?!'

'Sorry.'

'It's not his fault, he isn't the one who should be apologising!' Marlene fumed.