1.5

The scene changed to a road and Harry is shown reading the letter alongside Hagrid.
'Can we find all this in London?'
'If yeh know where to go.'

'I get to see my son go to Diagon Alley for the first time!' Lily could barely keep the grin off her face and James smiled fondly at her.

They walk into the Leaky cauldron which is filled with chatter. The bartender looks up,
'The usual Hagrid?'
'No thanks Tom, I'm on official Hogwarts business- gotta help young Harry here but his stuff.'

Tom's jaw slacked in shock,
'Bless my soul it's Harry Potter!'

'Wow so everyone really does know him then.' Andromeda said.
'Yup' Alyssa nodded.

The whole pub goes silent and everyone starts shaking Harry's hand and introducing themselves to him.

'Merlin I could not deal with that much attention.' Frank comments causing nods of agreement from the others.

A man wearing purple robes and a purple turban walked up to him once others stepped away.
'P-professor Q-quirrel.'
Hagrid smiled at the man saying,
'Professor Quirrel teaches defence against the dark arts at Hogwarts Harry.'
'F-f-fearfully fascinating subject, n-not that you need it eh M-mr Potter.' He gave a nervous smile and Harry stuck out his hand.
'Nice to meet you professor.'
'Yes.' Quirrel murmured staring at his hand in an almost afraid manner.

'He's a weirdo- I don't like him.' Peter said causing Lily to glare at him,
'You don't even know him Pettigrew, you can't judge him already.'
'Yes he can.' Alyssa commented quickly, 'never was a good teacher.'

Hagrid lead Harry out through the back door of the pub and took out his umbrella tapping the bricks in a complex sequence. The wall opened up and they walked in to the busy alleyway. Hagrid turned to Harry with a grin,
'Welcome to Diagon Alley.'

Everyone smiled in nostalgia, remembering their first trip to the alley.

He grinned at Harry's amazement. They stepped through the archway. Harry looked quickly over his shoulder and saw the archway shrink instantly back into solid wall. The sun shone brightly on a stack of cauldrons outside the nearest shop. Cauldrons — All Sizes — Copper, Brass, Pewter, Silver — Self-Stirring — Collapsible, said a sign hanging over them. 'Yeah, you'll be needin' one,' said Hagrid, 'but we gotta get yer money first.' He turned his head in every direction as they walked up the street, trying to look at everything at once: the shops, the things outside them, the people doing their shopping. A plump woman outside an Apothecary was shaking her head as they passed, saying, 'Dragon liver, sixteen Sickles an ounce, they're mad. . . .'

A low, soft hooting came from a dark shop with a sign saying Eeylops Owl Emporium — Tawny, Screech, Barn, Brown, and Snowy. Several boys of about Harry's age had their noses pressed against a window with broomsticks in it. 'Look,' Harry heard one of them say, 'the new Nimbus Two Thousand — fastest ever —'

'A Nimbus Two Thousand?!' James shouted in amazement. Regulus stared longingly at the broom in front of them- Barty and Evan snorted at his awe filled expression. Alyssa smirked wondering how they'd react to the fire bolt.

There were shops selling robes, shops selling telescopes and strange silver instruments Harry had never seen before, windows stacked with barrels of bat spleens and eels' eyes, tottering piles of spell books, quills, and rolls of parchment, potion bottles, globes of the moon. . . .

'Gringotts,' said Hagrid. They had reached a snowy white building that towered over the other little shops. Standing beside its burnished bronze doors, wearing a uniform of scarlet and gold, was —
'Yeah, that's a goblin,' said Hagrid quietly as they walked up the white stone steps toward him. Now they were facing a second pair of doors, silver this time, with words engraved upon them:
Enter, stranger, but take heed