7.6

The memory cut to the Gryffindor common room where Fred and George sat, handing out sweets.
'Go on.'
'Skiving Snackboxes.'
'Sweets that make you ill.'
'Get out of class whenever you like.'
'Obtain hours of pleasure from unprofitable boredom.'
'Care for another?'
Around them, first and second years were having all sorts of reactions to the sweet treats.

'I love them.' James grinned, 'I actually love them.'
'Why did we never think of this?' Sirius frowned, 'I'm so disappointed in us. This is all your fault Moony.'
'My fault?'
'You're the plan maker.' Sirius complained.
'It's not my fault you're an idiot and can't come up with your own plan.'
'Excuse you I'm very clever.'
'If you used your brain you would be.'
'Fuck off.'
Lily looked disapproving of the twins,
'They could seriously hurt someone with those.'
'Oh well- they get paid.' Sirius shrugged.

Hermione was walking through the common room, Ron trailing behind her.

'He looks like a dog just following her around.' Marlene laughed.

'I'm not asking you to write all of it for me. I've been busy studying for these stupid OWL exams.'
'I'll do the introduction. That's all.'
'Hermione, you're honestly the most wonderful person I've ever met. And if I'm ever rude to you again-'
'I'll know you've gone back to normal.'

'They're so getting together.' Barty smirked.
'They're so sweet.' Alice awed.

They sat down on the sofa next to Harry who was reading a book. Hermione stopped short at seeing him.
'What's wrong with your hand?'
'Nothing.'
He moved his injured hand from the detention under his book, showing her his other hand making her scoff.

'Very smooth Harry.' Marlene said sarcastically.

'The other hand.'
Hermione grabbed his hand, freezing at the sight of it, realisation quickly sparking in her eyes.
'You've got to tell Dumbledore.'

'Tell Minnie.' James countered.
'It looks awful.' Evan exclaimed at the sight of Harry's hand.

'Tell Dumbledore what?' Alyssa cut in, falling back into the sofa next to Hermione.
'Tell him this.' Hermione grabbed Harry's hand once more, to show Alyssa. Said girl's eyes widened,
'Harry what the fuck?'
'Wait did she not do this with you in your detention?' Harry frowned in confusion.
'Yeah but I said no.'
'You said no?' Ron checked in astonishment.
'Yeah, well actually I shouted no...among other things.'

'That's one way to put it.' Marlene laughed.

'Oh Christ.' Hermione muttered.
'What? It's not like I was gonna sit there and hurt myself.' Alyssa defended herself.
'Good on you.' Ron nodded.

'Exactly.' Sirius nodded.

'Harry why in god's name would you do that, you should've stopped.' Alyssa sighed making Harry shrug, 'all that bullshit she was saying about deserving it...you know that's what it is, right? Bullshit. Complete nonsense.'
There was a moment of silence before Harry spoke, his head still angled down, fiddling with his hand.
'You know it was my idea for me and Cedric to grab the cup together...he said I should just take it but I said let's do it together. I'm the reason he was in that graveyard. I'm the reason he was killed. I may not be a liar, but I'm the reason Cedric is dead.'

'Oh sweetie.' Alice frowned looking horrified.
'It wasn't his fault at all, it was Voldemort and- no offense- Peter's. That's it.' Lily said.
'None taken.' Peter nodded.

Alyssa wrapped her arms around him,
'Harry, it's not your fault. Not at all. You wanted him to win too, you didn't know about the cup being a port-key. How could you of known.'
'Besides, you said you told him to go back to the port-key the moment you realised where you were, you tried to save him.' Hermione added.
'Yeah, but he stayed because he's one of the bravest people I know and he wanted to protect you. And that's not your fault.' Alyssa agreed and Ron nodded,
'The only person to blame is Voldemort. And Pettigrew. It's not your fault mate.'