1.8

The next morning, Harry and Ron are shown running to class. A familiar cat sat on the desk watching the students as the three rush in, Hermione rolled her eyes whilst Alyssa next to her smiled slightly.
'Whew. Made it. Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?'

There were a couple snickers.

The cat jumped off the table, shifting to Professor McGonagall. Ron and Harry looked at her shocked.
'That was bloody brilliant.'
'Oh, thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr Potter and yourself into a pocket watch? That way, one of you might be on time.'
'We got lost.'
'Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats?" 

The Marauders smirked and James said,
'Savage Minnie!'

In another class, everyone talked softly as they sat in front of cauldrons in a dim lit room. Professor Snape swooped into the room dramatically making his way to the front but before he could start talking, Alyssa entered the classroom clumsily with a pile of books stacked in messy arrangement in her arms. The whole class turned to her and she froze in the doorway. Snape glared whilst Hermione face palmed at her sister.

'Oh dear.' Lily muttered and Luna looked at her friend worriedly. Severus stared at his memory self realising there was little chance of him being sympathetic.
'Rotten luck.' James said.

'Sorry I'm late.' She said feebly.

'A for effort.'

'5 points from Gryffindor. I don't like tardiness Miss Granger, I expect you to be on time for my lessons in the future.'
'Sorry Professor Snape.'
'Take a seat please and don't delay my lesson any further.'
She walked into the room and looked around. Hermione was sat by Harry, Ron by Seamus and every other Gryffindor was sat with another Gryffindor and Slytherins with Slytherins. Except at the back where Theodore Nott was sat alone, leaning back in his chair. She turned to her sister who gave her a sympathetic look and Alyssa sighed before walking slowly to the back of the classroom and slumping into the chair next to him. He turned to her, a look of faint surprise on his face before refacing the front.

'So that's how you property met then.' Luna exclaimed and Alyssa nodded with a small smile.

Snape swished his cloak again before opening his mouth.
'There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few...who possess the predisposition...I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensure the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death.'

Harry is shown writing down notes on what Snape is saying.

'Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention.'
Hermione nudged Harry, gesturing to Snape.

'Oh dear.' Alice bit her lip in worry.

'Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would I get if I added powered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?'

'What? We didn't learn that until sixth year!' Frank cried outraged mirroring many of the others feeling.

Hermione shot her hand up in the air like a bullet. Harry shook his head at Snape.
'You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?'

'How the hell is he meant to know this?' Evan said in disbelief.

Hermione raises her hand again.
'I don't know, sir.'
'And what is the difference between monkshood and wolfbane?'
'Oh!'