4.9

The next morning, Snape was shown opening a door and then entering the classroom, waving his wand to close the shutters on the windows, darkening the room. He pulled a cord, making a screen slide down.
'Turn to page 394.'

Remus' eyes widened, recognition sparking in his face whilst the others seemed to not notice.

The students looked confused but did as he said. He walked down the aisle and Harry suddenly spoke to him.
'Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?'
'That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say that your professor finds himself incapable of teaching at the present time. Turn to page 394.'

Remus looked down at his hands awkwardly as Alice frowned,
'Oh no, are you ill?'

Snape started the projector with a flick of his wand, and also made the pages of Ron's book flip to the page he requested as Ron was slowly turning each page.
'"Werewolves?"'

The marauders scowled, shooting venomous looks at Severus who flushed. Lily frowned, staring intensely at Remus who looked as though he wanted to disappear.

'Why's everyone annoyed? I think werewolves are cool.'
Everyone turned to Regulus with mixed looks of surprise and disbelief.
'What? But I'm a- I mean they're monsters.' Remus stuttered in shock making Regulus frown,
'That's a bit harsh, i mean, they didn't choose to turn into a wolf once a month.' Regulus argued. Luna added in,
'I like werewolves.'
She was seemingly quite offended that Remus said otherwise, being a werewolf herself.
'Me too.' Regulus nodded.
'Someone can be a werewolf and still be a nice person.' Alyssa added, nudging Remus' shoulder who smiled lightly.

'But, sir, we've just begun learning about Red Caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks.'
'Quiet.'
'When did she come in? Did either of you see her come in?'
Harry and Alyssa shook their heads confused.

'Okay, what is up with that? Can she apparate now?' Evan said in disbelief.

'Now...which one of you can tell me the difference between an Animagus and a werewolf? No one?'

'Hermione's actually got her hand up if you used your eyes.' Marlene glowered and Severus scratched his neck awkwardly.

'How disappointing.'
'Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind.'

Remus paled slightly at the description, his friends glancing worriedly at him. Lily nodded,
'Textbook answer.'

Draco howled to Crabbe, who chuckled in response.
'Thank you, Mr. Malfoy. That is the second time you have spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?'

'SEVERUS!' Lily yelled, 'you cannot speak to your students that way!'

'He's got a point, you know?'

'RON TOO!'

'Ron.' Alyssa shot him a look.
'Five points from Gryffindor.'
'That's not fair! She just answered your question, why'd you even ask it if you didn't want an answer, or was this just some prejudiced Gryffindor shit.'
'Miss Granger!'
'I bet if a Slytherin had their hand up you wouldn't of ignored them.'
'5 more points from Gryffindor.'
Alyssa scowled angrily at Snape and as soon as he turned his back, she flipped him off causing Theo to snigger next to her and Daphne to shoot her a disapproving look.