Sorting Memories

It is an understatement to say the school was shocked when the Blacks walked in to dinner laughing together. The Blacks, Gryffindor and Slytherins who hated each other's guts, getting along well. In fact the whole hall went silent at the sight and McGonagall dropped her fork in shock. The other teachers didn't fare much better.

To add the the weirdness, they waved to the Gryffindor table, specifically where Luna Lovegood, the crazy weirdo, and Alyssa Granger, the feisty muggleborn Slytherin, sat chatting. They waved back with a grin and then the Slytherins headed to their table and Sirius went to the Gryffindor table.
It was safe to say the school was concerned and deeply confused. Sirius went to sit with his friends like usual and the others sat with their usual friends however both groups noticed a difference in them.

For instance, when Goyle asked what they were doing with a blood traitor, Bellatrix drew her wand, silently daring him to speak. When he didn't, she carried on as if nothing happened, only interrupting if they talked shit about Sirius, Luna or Alyssa. She even defended the marauders once to everyone's surprise.

Similarly, at the Gryffindor table Sirius defended his brother and cousin and told them not to call them snakes.

'What happened? Am I dreaming or did  you just walk in laughing with the snakes Padfoot?' James said when Sirius sat down. He shrugged,
'Firstly, don't call them snakes. And secondly yes I did! We made up and apologised to each other.'
'No way! Are you sure this isn't a trick?'
'Yup! Completely genuine. That's why Lovegood wanted to speak to me, she and Granger locked me, Reg, Bella, Cissa and Andy in a room together and wouldn't let us out til we worked out our problems. When we talked about them and listened to other people's point of views, we realised we were being stupid and we made up!'

'Aw! I'm so proud of you Padfoot, it looks like you just grew up!'
'Thanks Moony.'
'Why did Loony-'
'Don't call her that Prongs.'
'Sorry, Lovegood and Granger help you, i mean no offence but we've been fucking dicks to them ever since we met them.' Sirius frowned at this,
'I'm not really sure, I think they want to help the others "come back to the light side" ya know, Granger was saying it doesn't matter if you're a deatheater, you can still change and stuff so she probably thought that by helping us to make up, I would stop them following you-know-who. On that topic, neither of them seem to be bothered about saying his name and hey act as if they've encountered him before. Do you think they have? Might be part of the reason they transferred.'

'I guess, their not your average student, are they? And they seem to have experience in fighting. Not to mention they are covered in scars.' Remus thought out loud wistfully.
'Well that was nice of them anyway. I guess we should be friendly to them.'
James contemplated and the others nodded in agreement.

———————————————————
After dinner, Luna went back to the Gryffindor common room with her friends, and Alyssa back to Slytherins with hers. On arrival, she headed up to her dorm and changed into some comfy muggle clothes before heading out on the common room.

She went to the ROR- it now looked like her home bedroom- where she began to sort through her memories and string them together in a sort of film. Once she was done with first year, she frowned at all the blanks and so reached into her small clutch that she now always kept with her. She felt around her almost and a minute until she found what she was looking for.

She pulled out a big black bag which clinked loudly when it moved and emptied the contents onto the bed she was sat on. Out fell 20 odd vials which were filled with glistening silvery blue thread like thing. They were memories that she'd either been given by Harry for whatever reason, or that she took from Dumbledore. When Alyssa went after Harry during the "hour of peace", he was leaving Dumbledore's office, and when she ent in there she took the memory of Snape which was in the pensive, and all the memories Dumbledore had on his shelf, she quickly steeped into the black bag and stored in her clutch. Just in case. She also had one memory from kreacher, the one of Regulus' death.

She sat for hours watching the memories and putting them into place where they were needed amongst her own. Eventually, she was left with 7 large glass jars each filled with strung together memories of each year. She labels the jars and stared them carefully back in her bag.

Looking at the clock, she realised it was past midnight. She was shocked how long that took, but got up and headed down to the dungeons anyway.
Half way there, she heard whispering behind her and on instinct she flicked her wrist, stunning them silently and wandlessly. Her eyes widened when she saw them. The marauders.
'Shit,' she swore loudly and knelt next to them and pointed her wand at them, casting a non-verbal Rennervate.

They sat up groggily and looked around, frowning when they saw her.
'I'm really sorry guys, I heard voices behind me and I guess I still have fast reflexes and I wasn't thinking. I've still got my war head on right now.'
'War?' Remus questioned.
'Yeah, you know- battle instincts; you see or hear someone behind you and you stun them in case they're a deatheater or snatcher or anyone else trying to kill you. Sorry.'
'It's okay don't worry. Did you fight in a war then?' Sirius said in interest.
'As I said, I'll tell you at some point.'

'What are you doing out now?'
'I could ask you the same thing.'
'We're going to set up pranks.'
'Well I'm working.'
'On what? We got no homework this week.'
'I never said it was school related.'
'That what are you working on?'
'Me and Luna's plan.'
'Can I-'
'No!'
'Ugh fine. See you tomorrow Granger.'
'See ya Black and fellow marauders.'

Alyssa walked off then, muttering about nosiness and annoying boys.