Chapter 2

Soon, there was only Tang Tang alone in the room. Tang Tang sighed in relief. She slowly started to observe her room. Even though everything looked unfamiliar, she was calmer than before. She had grown to accept the unfamiliar things around her as she had heard that the people across the sea were very different from them. Maybe this was somewhere really far away.

Tang Tang soon discovered there was another small room and there was a large clear mirror on the wall. Curious about her appearance, she rushed towards the mirror with her crutches.

"Ah –" Tang Tang was frightened by her appearance that her arms on the crutches almost gave in.

The woman in the mirror looked lifeless. Her hair was dry, lips chapped, and her skin was yellow and rough. Her cheeks were sunk in, and there was little to no meat anywhere. She was just skin and bones. And with the red and purple wounds on her face, she looked hideous!

She was really ugly. Why was she this ugly? How could such an ugly woman get married? Also, that child from before was so beautiful, was he really her child? No matter how she looked, it did not seem like it. Unless the child's father was especially good-looking? But if he was so attractive, then why did he marry someone like her?

Tang Tang couldn't comprehend. She looked at the mirror again, but she quickly looked away. She was ugly; she didn't dare to look at herself anymore. With the support of crutches, she returned to her bed before she started to think about what she should do next.

She held no feelings to her own world. After all, no one cared about her there, so she didn't want to go back. Originally, she thought she would see her mother in the nether world, but she unexpectedly became someone else. Since she was still alive, she had no desire to intentionally die again. God had given her another chance to live, so she would treasure this opportunity.

Currently, the biggest problem she had was the fact that she did not know her body's circumstances. The only fact she knew was that she had a husband and child. She was not alone. But, it appeared that the original owner of this body wasn't someone good and no one in the house like her. Even the child she gave birth to did not seem to like his mother. She did not know what had happened to the body's original owner that she would become like this.

In many of the books she had read before, when the character transmigrates, they would also receive the memories from the original body. However, she did not receive any of such. That created a problem because without those memories, she couldn't imitate the original owner's attitude and manner. She could only be her real self.

That would raise suspicion, won't it?

Tang Tang was frustrated as she tapped her head. She racked her brain to come up with a way. In the end, she really did come up with an idea. She could just pretend to suffer from memory loss. It was the only way. By claiming that she couldn't remember anything, she wouldn't raise any suspicions.

The more Tang Tang thought about it, the more she thought it was a good idea. She was secretly happy that she came up with such a good idea. She rubbed her cheeks against the pillow and thought the pillows were very soft. It was much better than the ones from her time. Even the blankets were very light. Also, from what she has seen before, the flat looked very clean and pretty. This place was really mystical, ah.

So, she would be living in this mystical place from now on?

Tang Tang turned around, and looked at the living room through the door. She discovered the child from before looking at her but when he found out she was looking at him, he instantly turned his chubby body around and continued playing, almost as if he had never looked at her secretly.