Chapter 22

Edits by Naravil

Every time Tang Tang selected a snack, she felt her heart bleeding. Tang Tang felt like she had wronged Ji Yan. In the end, she couldn't handle her guilty conscience and opened WeChat on her phone to confess her sin.

Later that night, when Ji Yan opened WeChat, he was surprised that he received a voice message from Tang Tang.

The only reason why Ji Yan and Tang Tang had added each other on WeChat was due to Ji Xiao Zhuo, who helped Tang Tang add Ji Yan, but they have never talked to each other on WeChat before. To be accurate, they have never contacted each other by phone either, so when Ji Yan saw Tang Tang message him for the first time, he thought something must have happened.

He hurriedly clicked on the voice message and heard Tang Tang's clear but guilty voice, "Husband, I bought many, many snacks today and spent a lot of money. I'm sorry. It will never happen again."

After listening to the message a few times, Ji Yan was assured that nothing significant had happened. It was just spending some money to buy snacks, but Tang Tang sounded so guilty like she had committed a crime. Ji Yan really didn't know how to react.

What does she actually think about him in her heart? Did he look like a man who wouldn't even let his wife buy a few snacks? He didn't behave like he was so stingy, right? In the past, Tang Tang's monthly spending was much higher than now, so the money she used to get some snacks was really not that much.

After thinking for a while, Ji Yan replied to Tang Tang, "Don't worry, just buy them if you want. Let me know if you don't have enough money so I can give you more."

Once the message was sent, Ji Yan felt shocked that he would actually say something like that to her. It sounded like a conversation between a real husband and wife. It was a bit strange for this to happen because this had never occurred in the past before.

It seemed like he was unconsciously treating her more gently.

Ji Yan's reply arrived when Tang Tang was on the bed battling with Xiao Zhuo.

The two of them were sitting cross-legged on the bed as they faced each other with a pile of high-calorie snacks in the middle.

"Bao Bao, you can't eat these. When daddy left, he said you can't gain any more weight," It was Tang Tang's first time to speak to Ji Xiao Zhuo in such a solemn tone.

Ji Xiao Zhuo bit his fingers pitifully, "Mummy, I'll just eat a little bit. It won't affect anything."

Tang Tang couldn't bear to see him looking so miserable. She really wanted to give him some, but she didn't want to go against Ji Yan's words either. Ji Yan had specifically told her not to let Xiao Zhuo eat these snacks, especially at night, so how could she give him any?

Um, this was her fault. She shouldn't have got the snacks out in front of him. Next time, she will eat them secretly. However, lately, the little one was always with her. He was never more than a step away from her, so she didn't have time to eat the snacks secretly.

Tang Tang was starting to get a headache. At that moment, her phone rang. It was a message notification from WeChat. She quickly opened the app and saw the message was from Ji Yan. Not only did he not blame her for spending money recklessly, he even said to ask him for more if she didn't have enough!

Heavens; her husband was too good!

Tang Tang smiled so widely that her brows arched as if they were smiling too.

Ji Xiao Zhuo stretched his head to take a glance at her phone. He saw it was a message from daddy, so he quickly asked, "What did daddy say?"

Tang Tang pinched his nose and replied, "Daddy didn't reprimand me for buying snacks. He even said to ask him for more money if I don't have enough."