Chapter 59

Edits by Vesper

Quickly, Tang Tang reminded the regimental commander's wife, "Sao Zi, don't keep being excited, remember to ask for the customer's measurements and their color requirements. Once they answer, I'll start making their clothes."

"Right, right, right, I was too happy and almost forgot." The regimental commander's wife hurriedly got into the role of a diligent customer service employee and communicated with the customers who placed an order. Once she got the information, the regimental commander's wife passed the information to Tang Tang.

Now that she had the necessary information, Tang Tang promptly started making the clothes. Tang Tang worked on the customer's orders during the day and worked on the wedding robes during the evening.

Seeing his mummy still making clothes so late and not going to rest, Ji Xiao Zhuo felt a slight heartache and touched Tang Tang's face, "Mummy, are you not tired?"

Tang Tang gave him a kiss, "Mummy is not tired. There isn't anything to do at night anyway." When Ji Yan was at home, she would give him a footbath during this time. Then she would chat with him and watch him teach Ji Xiao Zhuo in his studies. Even though she wasn't doing anything, she still felt very happy and fulfilling. But now he was not around, and time was going by very slowly. She needed to find something to do to keep her occupied so she wouldn't keep thinking about him.

Ji Xiao Zhuo looked at Tang Tang for a few seconds before sighing heavily, "Mummy, are you missing daddy?"

Tang Tang's hand that was holding the needle, froze. The smile on her face dimmed a little. She did miss him. She really, really missed him.

Wrapping his arms around her neck, Ji Xiao Zhuo patted on her back and comforted, "Mummy, I know you miss daddy because I also miss daddy. But we need to be strong and can't cry. We also can't feel sad, alright?"

Tang Tang didn't know whether to laugh or cry from his comfort. She sniffed and nodded, "Okay, mummy will be strong and won't feel sad. We'll wait for daddy's return together."

"That's right. Stop working, mummy. Let's go to sleep earlier. TV said women need more sleep to be pretty so mummy needs to sleep early to become more beautiful."

Just like that, Tang Tang got comforted by the little one. She listened to the little one's suggestion and put her needlework down and went to bed with Xiao Zhuo.

As usual, Ji Xiao Zhuo fell asleep within three minutes while Tang Tang had insomnia again. She kept tossing and turning but she still couldn't sleep. Whenever she shut her eyes, she would remember things about Ji Yan. From when he left, Tang Tang simply couldn't sleep well at night. She felt very worried about him. She didn't know where he was, and if he was eating well, wearing enough, or if he was safe.

When she listened to the young soldier's explanation that day, she could tell the mission was urgent and very important. Otherwise, they wouldn't require a few battalion commanders to carry out the mission. She didn't know if the mission would be dangerous.

In the past, Tang Tang only thought soldiers who protected the country were heroes and glorious, but she now knew the hardships that heroes go through. They had to train every day. Even in the winter, their clothes would be moist with sweat. They would be perfectly fine when leaving, but they would be filthy whenever they return. There would be mud under their nails and there would be wounds from training. Those were the efforts in order to protect the country.

Tang Tang was anxious every day, but she knew this was a soldier's duty. So she could only pray for his safety every day. She had no other wish apart from his safety.