Chapter 48

Edits by Naravil

In his sleep, Ji Xiao Zhuo felt hot, so he subconsciously rolled away from the source of heat. He moved into Ji Yan's embrace. His chubby feet landed on Ji Yan's stomach, which made Ji Yan wake up.

Ji Yan noticed the meatball in his embrace. He was confused that the little one was in his embrace. Usually, the little one never came to his side when sleeping because he didn't smell fragrant, and he was too warm. The little one thought that sleeping in Tang Tang's embrace was the most comfortable.

What happened today?

Ji Yan fixed Ji Xiao Zhuo's sleeping posture before switching on the lights. He looked towards Tang Tang and saw that her face was red. Also, her brows were wrinkled, and her lips were pale. She didn't look well.

Alarmed, Ji Yan quickly put a hand on her forehead, and he was shocked by the temperature.

She had a fever!

Ji Yan got off the bed and went to search for fever-reducing tablets and a thermometer. Then he went beside Tang Tang and spoke by her ear, "Tang Tang! Wake up, Tang Tang!"

After calling her a few times, Tang Tang finally opened her eyes in a daze. She saw Ji Yan and asked in a hoarse whisper, "What did you call me for, husband?"

"Tang Tang, you have a fever. Come, put the thermometer under your armpit to measure your temperature."

In her dazed state, Tang Tang didn't want to move or reach her arm out, so she acted like a spoiled child and mumbled, "Husband, I don't feel good. You do it for me."

Ji Yan blanked. Then he gently undid her pyjamas since she was currently sick, and there was no point in reasoning with a sick person. However, Ji Yan didn't dare to look anywhere. He tilted his head and put the thermometer under her armpit before going to the bathroom to get a damp towel and put it on her forehead to reduce her temperature.

Feeling the heat getting relieved, Tang Tang sighed in comfort before closing her eyes again.

After waiting for a few minutes, Ji Yan reached into her clothes to get the thermometer out. He frowned when he glanced at it. Her temperature was over 40°c. It would be disastrous if this carried on. However, it was inconvenient to find a doctor now, and it would delay reducing her fever. The best option now was to take some fever-reducing tablets and see its effects.

For some reason, a sick Tang Tang was disobedient from her usual self. She subconsciously refused to take medicine. Uncooperatively, Tang Tang kept moving her head and mumbled quietly, "Husband, I don't want to take medicine. It's bitter ~"

She acted more spoiled than when Ji Xiao Zhuo was ill. Her delicate voice made Ji Yan unknowingly go soft. He sighed and sat on the edge of the bed. Then he propped Tang Tang up against him, and with one hand, he placed the medicine by her lips while his hand was holding a cup of water. He coaxed gently by her ear, "Be good, ah. You'll feel better after taking medicine. Open your mouth."

Maybe Ji Yan's voice was too gentle, so after resisting a little, Tang Tang opened her mouth to take the tablet. Before she could taste the bitterness, there was water by her lips. Tang Tang subconsciously drank some water and swallowed the tablet.

Seeing her finally swallow the medicine, Ji Yan sighed in relief. When he was going to lay her down to sleep, the person in his arms grabbed his clothes and buried her face in his chest. She rubbed her face while mumbling, "Hug me, husband. I don't feel good ~"

Did the fever make her delirious? The clear-headed Tang Tang absolutely wouldn't act spoiled with him. She would usually be sensible and thoughtful. How come she was more sticky than Ji Xiao Zhuo when he was sick? But Ji Yan couldn't do anything about it. He could only rest on the bed with Tang Tang sleeping in his embrace. Ji Yan patted her to sleep with one hand while changing her damp towel with the other.