Chapter 53

Edits by Vesper

It was Gu Yan Ran who was standing outside. Her expression was unclear as she was wearing a pair of sunglasses.

Tang Tang knitted her brows. She was displeased, "Why are you here?"

Gu Yan Ran acted like she didn't mind Tang Tang's attitude towards her. Instead, she gave Tang Tang a light smile like there was nothing wrong between them and said, "What's wrong? Are you not inviting me in? Is this how you treat your guests?"

Tang Tang might have a good temperament but that did not mean she would let others bully her. After getting bullied last time, Tang Tang was already very angry so she didn't have any intentions of inviting Gu Yan Ran in, "I'm sorry. You aren't welcome in my home."

"Oh." Gu Yan Ran's smile suddenly turned meaningful, "Are you sure this is your home?" She focused on the word "you."

"What do you mean by that? If this is not my home, then could it be yours?"

"Don't you know what I mean? Shouldn't you be clear about whether or not you are the true owner of this house?"

Suddenly, Tang Tang's heart skipped a beat and her pupils shrunk. Intuition told her that Gu Yan Ran must know something.

But ... how could that be possible?

Seeing Tang Tang's reaction, Gu Yan Ran smiled as she reached out to pull the door, "Are you still not planning to invite me in for a seat?"

Tang Tang subconsciously loosened her hand and the door was opened successfully.

Gu Yan Ran entered the flat and took a look around the surroundings. She saw Ji Xiao Zhuo and Wen Nuo at the coffee table while building a model. She headed towards them and crouched beside them before smiling, "Xiao Zhuo is building a model with a friend?"

Once Ji Xiao Zhuo discovered Gu Yan Ran had come, he greeted, "Auntie Yan Ran came to visit us?"

"That's right, auntie came to visit and take a look at you." Gu Yan Ran answered while stroking Ji Xiao Zhuo's head. Ji Xiao Zhuo was very familiar with Gu Yan Ran so, naturally, he wouldn't reject her.

Upon seeing this, Tang Tang's expression became ugly. She didn't understand what Gu Yan Ran came for today, but she felt a very strong sense of uneasiness in her heart.

Intuition told her that something would happen tonight and for her, it wasn't something good.

Tang Tang forced down the uneasiness she felt and said, "What did you come for today? If you have something to say, just say it now."

"There's no rush. Ji Yan is not back yet. It's not late to say it if we wait for Ji Yan to return." Gu Yan Ran simply sat cross-legged beside the children and started to build the model with them. Her leisure manner was the total opposite of Tang Tang's feelings.

Tang Tang pursed her lips. She knew Gu Yan Ran was doing this on purpose so she simply went back to the kitchen to make dinner. After all, what the eyes don't see, the heart doesn't grieve.

————————————

Not long later, Ji Yan returned. When he entered, he heard noises coming from the kitchen. He guessed Tang Tang couldn't stay idle and went to cook. Ji Yan smiled helplessly. Then, he went to the kitchen and saw a slim figure bustling around the stove. The kitchen was filled with a delicious fragrance.

"Didn't I say that you shouldn't busy yourself for the time being? Why didn't you listen to me again?"

However Tang Tang didn't hear him and carried on cooking. She didn't even turn to look back.