Chapter 27

Edits by Naravil

Once everyone had enough drink and food, everyone had a different level of drunkness, and not just Ji Yan as all of them had drunk to their heart's content.

The regimental commander's wife spoke to the group, "Everyone, go and sit on the sofa. I'll make some tea for everyone to sober up."

Tang Tang held Ji Yan's arm and helped him to sit down on the sofa. She couldn't help but touch his large scalding hand and worriedly asked, "Husband, are you ok?"

Ji Yan's face was flushed red, and his eyes were not as clear as usual. It was like there was a layer of mist. He looked at Tang Tang for a while before slowly shaking his head, "I'm alright."

Pursing her lips, Tang Tang was afraid that his stomach might not feel well, but she remembered that she didn't have a kitchen to use after leaving, so she could only make some sober up soup here. After giving it some thought, she entered the kitchen and spoke to the regimental commander's wife, who was currently making some tea, "Sao Zi, I want to make some sobering soup. Xiao Zhuo's dad drank too much tonight. I'm afraid he might throw up later, and I don't have a kitchen to make him some when we go back."

The regimental commander's wife nodded in understanding, "Ji Yan has drunk too much tonight. He will most likely throw up when he goes back. It's a good idea to make some sobering soup. Just make the soup here, and since you're making some, make some more so all of them can drink it together."

Tang Tang took some ingredients out from the fridge and a pot to quickly make the soup. When she was done, she ladled a few bowls and placed them on a tray to take them out to the living room, and then she placed the tray on the coffee and passed a bowl to Fang Yu Wei, who was sitting beside Zhang Cheng. "Yu Wei Sao Zi, give Zhang Cheng some sobering soup. It will be good for his stomach."

Fang Yu Wei smiled at Tang Tang and gave her thanks, "Thank you, ah. Thanks for the trouble."

Then she passed the bowl of soup to Zhang Cheng's hand while secretly pinching his waist. Fang Yu Wei quietly threatened, "Quickly drink the sobering soup. You stink of alcohol. If you dare to throw up on my floor, you can sleep outside."

Zhang Cheng hissed from the pinches. He got afraid of the threat of getting kicked out of the bedroom, so he promptly held the bowl of sobering soup and drank it in one go. He didn't even care that the soup was extremely hot .

Tang Tang was shocked as she watched them. She felt that Fang Yu Wei was amazing as she knew how to manage her husband. But Tang Tang knew that she shouldn't watch for too long since each couple interacted differently, so she turned to give Dong Li a bowl of sobering soup.

"Thank you, Sao Zi."

Dong Li sincerely gave his thanks. He was also sincere when he called her "Sao Zi." The impression he had of Tang Tang had changed completely. No matter how she was before, now she was good and deserved his respect.

In response, Tang Tang waved her hand to indicate that he didn't need to thank her. Then she carried the final bowl of sobering soup and sat beside Ji Yan. When she saw him resting against the sofa with his eyes closed, Tang Tang shook his arm worriedly, "Husband. Husband."

Ji Yan slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. His eyes were slightly red.

With a spoon, Tang Tang scooped some soup and moved the spoon to his mouth. She quietly coaxed, "Husband, drink some sobering soup. We'll go back and rest afterward."

Ji Yan was absolutely drunk, and his mind was muddled. Normally, he would take the bowl and drink by himself. However, now, he compliantly opened his mouth and swallowed the soup he was fed. As Tang Tang continued to bring the spoon to his mouth, Ji Yan obediently swallowed the soup.