Chapter 71

Not just Grandpa Ji, even Ji Yan, who was aware of Nuo Nuo's talent, was astonished. Although he knew Nuo Nuo's talent, he never expected her to assemble an unfamiliar and complex object within a minute. Even adults in the special forces required a while to know how to assemble a gun. She was even quicker than some soldiers who had served for a few years.

Nuo Nuo's talent was clearly frightening.

As a witness, Sun Yi was flabbergasted and he looked at Ji Yan, "Your family's little girl... she..." Sun Yi temporarily couldn't find a suitable word to describe Nuo Nuo. He only knew that if he didn't witness it himself, he wouldn't believe such a child really existed. Such a thing was usually only seen in television dramas.

Ji Yan's lips twitched.

Even though Grandpa Ji didn't say anything, the way he looked at Nuo Nuo suddenly became complicated. After a while, he didn't speak and took the gun from Nuo Nuo's hands. Then, he personally dismantled another gun until it was down to its components. This time, he didn't do any demonstration and pushed the pile of components to Nuo Nuo while saying, "Try to assemble this."

Nuo Nuo blinked in confusion but she obediently took a piece and examined it. After a few seconds, she picked up different pieces and started to assemble. Her hands were steady even under everyone's gazes. Her speed picked up as she pieced each component together. There were no pauses or errors. Just like that, Nuo Nuo finished assembling a complicated gun that she had never seen before within a minute.

The room suddenly went silent. It was so quiet that even a drop of a needle could be heard. Everyone stared at the cute little girl who was sitting on a wooden bench. For a moment, the feelings they had couldn't be described with words.

Seeing that everyone was staring at her, Nuo Nuo felt a little lost. She didn't know what was happening so she couldn't help but pull on Ji Xiao Zhuo's sleeve nervously.

In response, Ji Xiao Zhuo held her hand with one hand and patted her with another to pacify her. He asked everyone puzzledly, "Why are you all looking at Nuo Nuo like that? Is something wrong?"

Grandpa Ji suddenly smiled with his hands behind his back and replied, "It's nothing. It's just that I haven't seen such a clever child like Nuo Nuo before."

After hearing that, Ji Xiao Zhuo was a bit annoyed and pouted. He stuck a finger out and pointed at himself, "What do you mean you've never seen one before? What about me?"

Everyone was amused by the arrogant little kid. Grandpa Ji patted his head and educated, "One needs to be modest!"

But when he turned to Nuo Nuo, Grandpa Ji's voice became a lot kinder and asked, "Nuo Nuo, do you want to play with other guns? Great-grandpa has a lot more at home."

Nuo Nuo's eyes brightened. Eagerness flashed across her eyes as she pursed her lips and nodded shyly, "I want to."

Grandpa Ji turned to speak to the guard, "Return to my study and bring more over for Nuo Nuo to play."

The guard saluted respectfully and quickly left without delay. Honestly, he also wanted to see how much more that mystical little girl could do.

Nuo Nuo understood Grandpa Ji's words. She knew he was going to get more good things for her to play with. Subconsciously, she looked at Grandpa Ji with admiration. Great-grandpa was really nice. He didn't mind her dismantling and assembling things. He was even giving her many more things to play with. It would be good if he would always be her great-grandpa.

Ji Xiao Zhuo had taught her to be very open. To thank someone was to kiss them. So she went to Grandpa Ji's side and pulled on his trousers, Grandpa Ji followed and bent down. Then Nuo Nuo gave him a kiss and thanked him, "Thank you, great grandpa."