Chapter 62

The head surgeon took off his mask. Even though he looked exhausted, he had a slight smile, “The bullet has been successfully taken out. The patient is out of the critical stage for now and he has entered ICU. He will stay there for observation for a few days and if nothing out of the ordinary happens, the patient should wake up in two days.

In other words, if nothing happened, Ji Yan’s life was snatched back from the gates of hell.

When those words were heard by everyone, it was undoubtedly good news. It was like rain started to fall on a fire that burned all night. Sighs of relief were heard everywhere. Then everyone went up to thank the doctor.

The doctors and nurses waved their hands as they smiled. To be able to save the life of a soldier who protected the country, they also felt very happy inside.

“That’s great! I said our Boss will be fine. Haha.”

“Our Boss is the living King of Hell. Even the King of Hell wouldn’t dare to take him.”

“Amitabha, it was worth an atheist like me to pray to every deity out there! They haven’t let me down.”

Everyone was talking at once as they were all feeling emotional. The atmosphere didn’t feel as heavy as before. As long his life was saved, then there was hope.

Tang Tang’s heart was also saved by the doctor. She let go of her lips that she had unconsciously started biting. She ran to the ICU and leaned against the window and saw Ji Yan in a distance with tubes connected all over his body. Even though she couldn’t see him clearly, her heart felt settled.

Ji Xiao Zhuo and Wen Nuo followed her from behind. The two little ones also leaned against the window as they stared at the person inside.

Ji Xiao Zhuo clenched his hands into fists and placed it against the window as he called out quietly, “Daddy, daddy, daddy.”

Seeing this, grandpa Ji’s hand that had been trembling all night finally stopped trembling. His taut back also relaxed. When he relaxed, he stumbled backwards a few steps and leaned against the wall.

“Dad!”

“Dad!”

Ji Wei Feng and Lin Lan both called out at the same time and went to support him. They anxiously supported him to a nearby seat. “Dad, you should return with us to rest. You’re at the age where you can’t force yourself like this. Ji Yan is already out of danger. You should take a rest before coming back to see him again.”

“That’s right, dad. Anyway, he is in ICU and we can’t go in to see him. When Ji Yan gets transferred to an ordinary ward, you can come visit him.”

Those two people were worried about the elder’s health but grandpa Ji swatted away their hands ruthlessly. He didn’t let them support him, “My health is fine. I don’t need you to be so concerned. I don’t see you both being concerned about the person who really needs it!”