Chapter 11

Edits by Naravil

"Daddy!" Ji Xiao Zhuo's eyes sparkled. He dropped the fork he was holding and jumped down from his seat before dashing towards Ji Yan like a little bullet.

The stern expression on Ji Yan's face softened as he caught the little bullet, who ran to him, into his embrace. Ji Yan rubbed Xiao Zhuo's head, "Daddy is back."

Ji Xiao Zhuo hugged Ji Yan's neck tightly and expressed his longing, "Daddy, how come you return now. It's so late already. I haven't seen you in a long, long time."

Ji Yan kissed the little one's forehead and apologized, "Sorry."

The little one forgave his daddy after thinking about it for two seconds, "Ok, I'll forgive you. I am very broad minded."

Ji Yan laughed. He lifted the little one single handedly while he bent down to change his shoes. For the moment, Ji Yan still hadn't noticed the frozen Tang Tang.

When Ji Yan appeared, Tang Tang dropped her chopsticks and stood up immediately. She didn't even know where to put her hands. Even though she knew that she had a husband, this was her first time seeing him. So the shock she felt was rather strong.

What should she do?

Also, Bao Bao's daddy looked really handsome. He looked better than her eldest sister and second sister's husband.

In the beginning, Tang Tang thought that men here looked a bit strange with their clothing and hairstyles, but she had got used to it after living in this world for a few days. She also got used to the way people dressed here rather quickly. However, she wasn't used to Ji Yan's good looks, so her face reddened with a blush as her heart thumped.

"Mummy, mummy, daddy came back!" Ji Xiao Zhuo cried excitedly from Ji Yan's hold. He didn't notice the blush on Tang Tang's face.

Tang Tang tried to hide her shyness as she looked at Ji Yan. She squeezed a smile out, "Lor ... husband, you have returned."

She almost called him 'lord husband.' Thankfully, she stopped herself on time as she remembered that lord husband was shortened to just 'husband' here.

Ji Yan blanked. He stared at Tang Tang with astonishment. Though all he saw was a red faced Tang Tang, who had her eyes were filled with expectation and shyness as if she didn't know what she should do. In his memory, Tang Tang had always wished that he was dead whenever she looked at him. When had she ever called him 'husband' and with that kind of expression? Was this still the same Tang Tang he knew?

Tang Tang didn't notice the suspicion in Ji Yan's eyes as all of her attention was focused on hiding the nervousness she was feeling. This was the first time that she had a husband in her two lives. She really didn't know what she should do. All she could do was rack her brain and think about the lessons that her nanny taught her. The lessons explained what a wife should do.

Her nanny had once said that men would get tired at work and that they would want to go back to a pleasant home and a warm family. To be a good wife, one should take the utmost care of their husband so that the husband would feel the most comfortable at home, so he wouldn't look for women outside the house. This meant there would be fewer concubines as well.

So, how should she treat her husband well?

When she saw Ji Yan was seated at the dining table, Tang Tang suddenly remembered something. She quickly grabbed her crutches and went to the kitchen to get another bowl of rice and a pair of chopsticks before passing them to Ji Yan, "Husband, you haven't eaten yet, right? We were just about to start. Let's eat while the food is still hot."