Chapter 68

When Nuo Nuo heard Wen Zhang Yi’s question, she immediately lowered her head and hid behind Tang Tang. She was not willing to answer his question.

In response, Ji Xiao Zhuo pulled on her hand to appease her, “Don’t be scared, Nuo Nuo, I won’t let anyone hurt you again! Let’s go home.”

Once Ji Xiao Zhuo finished speaking, he simply pulled Wen Nuo with him and ran towards the main entrance.

Tang Tang watched them and didn’t stop the two children. Since she also didn’t want to speak to the other two, she followed the children from behind.

However, Wen Zhang Yi couldn’t understand why so he stopped Tang Tang and asked, “What’s going on? Why would Wen Nuo show up here? If you brought her here, why didn’t you notify us first?”

Tang Tang was baffled when she saw the confusion on his face was real. She turned to look at Liu Zi Xuan and saw her biting on her lips. There was a little anxiousness and guilt that Liu Zi Xuan couldn’t hide from her face. She pulled on Wen Zhang Yi’s arm and said, “Zhang Yi, let’s go up first, I suddenly feel a bit cold. I want to go up and rest. Since Nuo Nuo is also here, we can find her later.”

Wen Zhang Yi covered her hand with his, “Just a bit longer. I’m just asking about the situation.”

Liu Zi Xuan bit her lips harder. Her palms started sweating from nervousness. She was regretting coming out for some sunshine today.

Seeing her expression, Tang Tang got enlightened. Could it be that Liu Zi Xuan hadn’t told Wen Zhang Yi about Nuo Nuo’s matter? If that was true, Wen Zhang Yi’s response was reasonable.

Tang Tang was certain that her assumption was true. It appeared that Liu Zi Xuan didn’t dare to tell Wen Zhang Yi of her actions. Was she afraid that he would blame her?

At the moment, Liu Zi Xuan was Tang Tang’s most hated person. She could be kind to anyone, but she just couldn’t be kind to her. Since Liu Zi Xuan concealed the matter from Wen Zhang Yi on purpose, Tang Tang would insist on telling him. Since his daughter had been wronged, he, as the father, could not stay out of the matter. He should do something for his daughter.

As a result, Tang Tang didn’t leave. Instead, she replied to Wen Zhang Yi with a cold expression, “Battalion commander Wen, shouldn’t you ask your wife instead? Why didn’t she tell you that Nuo Nuo became unconscious when she hit her and then refused to take her to the hospital. While you’re at it, why not ask her why she brought her mother with her to threaten us after finding out Nuo Nuo had a concussion and lost her hearing from the hit. Now, do you finally understand why Nuo Nuo is here with us? If I didn’t take Nuo Nuo to the hospital, do you think your wife would?”

“Concussion? Lost of hearing?” Wen Zhang Yi widened his eyes in disbelief. After a second, he turned to look at Liu Zi Xuan who was beside him, “Didn’t you say Nuo Nuo was at home and attending nursery, and that your mother was looking after Nuo Nuo and Rui Rui?”

Liu Zi Xuan’s face paled and her fingernails sunk into her palm. She knew the matter could not be hidden anymore and the best solution now was to admit she was wrong herself, so she held on his hand and explained, “Zhang Yi, listen to me, I … I didn’t do it on purpose. I wasn’t being careful enough and accidentally hurt Nuo Nuo. I thought she was fine. I didn’t tell you about it because I didn’t want you to worry. You’re injured and need to focus on recovering. I was planning on telling you after you leave the hospital.”

Wen Zhang Yi pursed his lips. His expression was unexplainably dark.

Seeing his reaction, Liu Zi Xuan felt scared. Tears fell from her eyes, “Why won’t you believe me? Even though I don’t like Nuo Nuo, have I ever gone this far before? If I really wanted to hurt her, do I need to wait until today? Others may not believe me, but surely you would, right?”