Chapter16

Edits by Naravil

In the end, Ji Yan's hesitation made way for Ji Xiao Zhuo's request. Ji Yan nodded, "Ok, I won't mind mummy moving slow. We'll take her with us."

"Oh –" Since his request was granted, Ji Xiao Zhuo quickly climbed down Ji Yan and rushed to get off the bed. In his rush, Xiao Zhuo even stepped on Ji Yan's stomach, which almost made Ji Yan shout.

Ji Xiao Zhuo didn't notice that he had almost hurt his father. He jumped off the bed and dashed out of the room. Xiao Zhuo ran onto Tang Tang's bedroom and rushed into her embrace. Unfortunately, Tang Tang's slim body couldn't handle the little meat bullet and almost fell onto the bed when Xiao Zhuo ran into her.

"Mummy, I have good news. Daddy agreed to bring you with us tomorrow. We don't mind if you move slow. We can go and play together."

"Ah? Your daddy agreed?" Tang Tang was rather shocked because it looked like Bao Bao's daddy didn't want to take her with them. Why did he suddenly agree?

Ji Xiao Zhuo nodded vigorously, "It's true, mummy. You can walk slow tomorrow, and we'll wait for you. You don't need to be afraid."

Since it looked like the decision was set, Tang Tang didn't refuse. Also, it looked like Xiao Zhuo really wanted her to go, so she shouldn't let him down. Never mind, she would solely go with the flow.

On the next day, Ji Yan didn't say anything. He just packed some things and led the mother and son out to set off. They were going to a villa on the seaside. It was Zhuo Ji's holiday home, and they would frequently go there to play.

By the time they arrived, everyone else was already there. Everyone was happy to see that Ji Yan had brought Xiao Zhuo with him, but when they saw Tang Tang following from behind, everyone's expression changed. The atmosphere became somewhat awkward.

Ji Yan had never brought his wife with him to any of the gatherings before. Also, he had never mentioned anything about the situation between him and Tang Tang. However, all of them knew that there were problems between them, though they didn't know any details. Ji Yan didn't want to talk about it, so they would not ask.

But what had happened today?

Gu Zhang An's wife was the first to break the awkward atmosphere. She rushed up to get Ji Xiao Zhuo from Ji Yan's hold and gave him a deep kiss on the cheek, "Little darling, auntie Yue missed you so much!"

Ji Xiao Zhuo returned the kiss on Ji Yue's cheek. He spoke sweetly with his baby's voice, "Auntie Yue, I missed you lots as well."

Ji Yue couldn't take it and directly carried the little one to Gu Zhang An's side. She wanted to share the cute little meatball with her husband.

At this moment, Zhuo Ji came over while seated in a wheelchair. He first gave Ji Yan a pat before greeting Tang Tang with a smile, "Sister-in-law, come sit down. You don't need to be uncomfortable."

Tang Tang released a breath. She smiled thankfully at Zhuo Ji before following Ji Yan to sit beside him.

No one knew how nervous Tang Tang actually felt inside because all of Ji Yan's friends appeared to be graceful and noble, especially the one who was sitting on the wheelchair. Also, none of them seemed to like her. She could tell that none of them seemed to like the original owner. They probably didn't think she would be coming today.

Ji Yan didn't give an in-depth introduction to Tang Tang, and he just briefly mentioned everyone's name to her. Once he was done, he immediately went to chat with Zhuo Ji. They were talking about stocks and equity rights. Tang Tang didn't understand a single word of their conversation, so she could only sit there with a small smile fixed on her face as she listened to them.