Chapter 65

Ji Yan was very amused with Tang Tang’s expression.

“You’re still smiling!” Tang Tang stomped her feet. She thought he had turned completely bad. Usually, he was very solemn and cold. The children would be afraid when they saw him. His underlings were also afraid of him, but he was clearly being a bad person in these moments.

“Ok, ok, ok, I’m not smiling now. Let’s talk about something serious. Come over and sit here.” If he teased anymore, she would get really angry so Ji Yan quickly pacified her.

Tang Tang made a humph sound. She wrinkled her nose and went to sit on the chair. She was determined not to sit on the bed as she was afraid he would do something bad again.

Ji Yan didn’t dare to carry on teasing her, he pulled on her hand asked, “Why are you here? What about the children?”

Tang Tang paused before replying quietly, “The children are napping at home. I was worried about you so I came over.”

Ji Yan raised his brows. He could instantly tell Tang Tang concealed something from him. According to Tang Tang’s usual self, she would never feel at ease to leave the children at home, so she must have found someone to look after them. But who could it be and why didn’t she simply tell him?

“Tang Tang, is there someone else at home?”

Sighing in her heart, Tang Tang knew nothing could be kept from him. Unconsciously, she twiddled her fingers together just like how Ji Xiao Zhuo does whenever he got nervous, and replied guiltily, “When I … I returned before, we saw grandpa so …”

Ji Yan blanked. He never expected that answer.

Tang Tang didn’t know what happened between him and grandpa Ji, and he had never mentioned it to her. Seeing that he didn’t speak, she explained with uncertainty while observing his expression, “When you were in A&E, grandpa came. He only left when you were out of the critical stage. But he would still come back every day in the early morning to watch over you. He hasn’t eaten or slept well and lost a lot of weight. When I took Xiao Zhuo back, we saw grandpa’s car and he was resting in the car. The guard said he wasn’t willing to go home. I couldn’t bear to see an elder like that, so I took him home to give him food and let him get some rest.”

There was no expression on Ji Yan’s face and he didn’t speak either, so Tang Tang couldn’t guess what he was thinking. Suddenly, she felt nervous and kneaded on Ji Yan’s fingers while asking, “Dear, did I do something wrong? Don’t stay quiet. If I did something wrong, you need to tell me.”

Smoothing his lips, Ji Yan shook his head slowly, “No, you didn’t do anything wrong. I just didn’t think grandpa would also be here.”

Seeing he truly wasn’t angry, Tang Tang hesitantly said, “Grandpa has always been here. No matter who persuaded him, he wouldn’t return. Dear, I think grandpa really cares about you.”

There was more pressure on Ji Yan’s lips. He didn’t speak for a long time and the emotion in his eyes was difficult to recognize.

When Tang Tang thought he wasn’t going to speak anymore, he suddenly said, “Tang Tang, tell grandpa to come to the ward tonight.”

“Ah?” Tang Tang was startled, “Dear, did you say to let grandpa come and visit you?”

“En” Ji Yan replied faintly. He massaged her hand and slowly said, “Tell him to come. Let Xiao Zhuo tell him. Grandpa dotes on Xiao Zhuo. He’ll definitely come.”

Tang Tang was surprised, “Dear, how do you know Xiao Zhuo will succeed? Xiao Zhuo said –” Didn’t Xiao Zhuo say his daddy didn’t know he and great-grandpa see each other occasionally? He told her to keep it a secret too.