Chapter 26

Edits by Naravil

The apartment assigned to Ji Yan was located on the third floor. It was a two-bedroom apartment, and even though it wasn't very big, the design and layout were good. Tang Tang was satisfied with their new home.

Ji Xiao Zhuo was even happier than Tang Tang. He was so excited as he happily ran around the apartment.

The others carried the things that Tang Tang had brought into the apartment before bidding farewell since they still needed to go back to training.

Tang Tang didn't feel good after seeing that everyone who had helped out with the moving didn't even get a drink in return, but she didn't have anything to receive guests in her new home yet. So she took some of the sauces she had made from a box to give them as thanks. "Thank you for your help. But there is nothing at home yet, so I can't even prepare some tea for you. Once everything is settled, we'll invite you over again. Please take this instead. It's a sauce I made myself, I hope you'll accept."

A young soldier in their 20's was too embarrassed to accept, so he rejected Tang Tang, "Sao Zi, you're too courteous. Moving some stuff is not much. It's something I should do. There is no need for gifts or thanks."

Dong Li and Zhang Cheng glanced at each other. Both of their eyes brightened as they remembered the sauces that Ji Yan had at the canteen.

Zhang Cheng easily accepted the bottle from Tang Tang, "Then I won't be courteous, these sauces are delicious. Sao Zi, your cooking skills are very good. You don't know, but Ji Yan is so stingy. He wasn't willing to share the sauce you made with us. You need to give him a good scolding."

When Tang Tang heard this, she smiled as she took a glance at Ji Yan. Her heart was filled with sweetness.

Ji Yan expressionlessly gave Zhang Cheng a kick, which caused Zhang Cheng to shout out.

Although Dong Li didn't have a good impression of Tang Tang, he wasn't willing to reject the delicious sauce. No matter who he had to go against, he couldn't go against his stomach. He accepted the bottle from Tang Tang as he awkwardly gave his thanks.

Everyone else saw the two accept the sauce and knew it must be something good, so they swallowed down their original polite rejection and chose to accept the gift. Only the young soldier, who rejected at the beginning, became red-faced when he saw the scene. He didn't know if he should reject or accept the gift as well.

Tang Tang noticed his predicament and directly passed a bottle to his hands, "It's ok, you should also take one. Don't be polite."

The young soldier gave his thanks with embarrassment, "Thank you, Sao Zi,"

A flash of happiness flashed across Ji Yan's eyes unconsciously as he said, "It's alright. Don't be polite and take it. Go back to training."

The group left the apartment, pleased.

Ji Yue and Gu Zhang An also had to leave since both of them had a meeting to attend the next morning. Ji Yue hugged both Tang Tang and Ji Xiao Zhuo as she was reluctant to part from them. She agreed to see them again when they had free time and reluctantly left.

Once everyone was gone, Ji Yan looked at their empty home before telling Tang Tang, "We can't stay here tonight. I'll take you to the hotel for tonight. Then I'll arrange for someone to take you to buy furniture tomorrow. We'll move in when it's been sorted."

"En," Tang Tang nodded obediently. Then she took out the remaining bottles of sauces from the box, "Husband, I originally made these sauces to give to our neighbors as a meeting gift. But there are only four bottles left. Is that enough?"