Chapter 58

Edits by Vesper

Tang Tang asked in confusion, "What can I do?"

The regimental commander's wife took the needle and thread from Tang Tang's hands. Her voice was filled with excitement as she replied, "Look, your handiwork is so good, you can open a store that specialises in making clothes for people. The clothing you make looks so good. Surely, there will be many people who will like it. You don't need to worry about not being able to sell."

"Ah? Selling clothes?" Tang Tang was still muddled, "Sao Zi, isn't that doing business? But I can't leave home. I need to look after Xiao Zhuo and his father."

"You. Why can't you keep up with the times a little!" The regimental commander's wife was truly amazed by Tang Tang at times. She was such a young girl but she doesn't like going on the Internet and lives like an elder. Tang Tang wasn't familiar with the Internet at all, yet even a middle-aged woman like her knew more than she did.

Tang Tang scratched her head and stared as she waited for the regimental commander's wife to carry on explaining.

"I mean you can start an online shop. You can start one on something like TaoBao then you can make custom clothes for customers. I have seen you make AoQun and it looked great. I'm certain many females would like them."

"Online shop?" Tang Tang remembered her own online shopping experience, "Is it like the ones where I buy things online from business owners on TaoBao? I can also become one?"

The regimental commander's wife clapped, "That's what I mean! You can post an example and when a customer buys one, you just need to take note of the customer's measurements and make it for them. If it's like this, you basically don't need to leave the house. You can just work at home and it'll be no different from how you're currently living."

"Is that really possible?" Tang Tang got convinced by the regimental commander's wife. This was her first time finding out that she could make money from her needlework in this time period. Also, she didn't need to go out and look for a job. This simply suited her just fine.

The regimental commander's wife also thought her own idea was excellent. She got excited and patted her hand, "The cost of opening an online shop is not a lot. Even if business isn't good, you won't lose much since we don't have any stock. Everything is made when ordered so there won't be any losses. To be honest, I thought about doing a clothing shop online but it's not convenient to store stock here. In addition, selling clothes on TaoBao is not as easy nowadays and I can't make much money so I gave up. But you can do it, your clothes are unique, good-looking, and handmade when ordered so other people won't be able to copy them. You won't have to worry about them not selling."

"It would really sell? People are willing to wear ancient costumes?" Won't people talk and gossip if one wears ancient clothes outside?

"Normal people won't wear them but there are now some who like cosplaying. I don't understand the specifics. It was Wen Wen who told me these people like to buy ancient clothes to wear. Also, people who play traditional instruments like wearing ancient clothes when performing to make their performance more artistic."

"Is that so." Tang Tang also got excited after listening to the regimental commander's wife. But she quickly got defeated by reality, "But, Sao Zi, I can make clothes but I don't know how to handle the online shop. I won't be able to learn that."

The regimental commander's wife knew Tang Tang was a bit of an idiot when it came to the internet. She thought for a moment before replying, "How about this, Tang Tang. If you trust me, I can help you handle your online shop. I can do customer service and do your deliveries. I have done those many times when I had a business. What do you think?"