Chapter 49

Edits by Naravil

During the afternoon, Ji Yan received a call from teacher Su Yue. Her voice sounded anxious as if she was about to cry.

"Battalion commander Ji, Xiao Zhuo is missing! We can't find him no matter where we search."

Ji Yan's expression went cold, "When did he go missing? Is it just him?"

"No, no, Xiao Zhuo and Wen Nuo are both missing. They were still here at lunchtime. They were gone by nap time. We still can't find them. We have called Xiao Zhuo's mother, but no one is picking up. We knocked on your house's door, but there was no one there. Wen Nuo's mother said that she hasn't seen them either. We really don't know where the children have gone!"  

When Ji Yan heard Wen Nuo was also missing, he started thinking. Ji Xiao Zhuo was a child with property. At least, he was most of the time. If there wasn't a particular reason, he certainly wouldn't randomly run off and make people worry about him.

If there were any particularly important issues recently, it ... it would be Tang Tang who had fallen sick.

Ji Yan had guessed where the little one had gone.

As a result, Ji Yan rushed home during the break. When he opened the front door, it was extremely quiet inside. It was like no one was home. But when he opened the door of the bedroom, Ji Yan saw the two children napping peacefully beside Tang Tang. Both children each held onto one of Tang Tang's hands. They didn't wake up Tang Tang. Instead, they quietly accompanied her.

The scene made Ji Yan feel anger and fondness.

Stealthily, Ji Yan went out of the room to give the children's teacher a call and take the afternoon off for them. After that, he entered the bedroom again and stood by the bed as he stared at the children.

When the two children noticed Ji Yan's arrival, they instantly opened their eyes. Immediately, Wen Nuo climbed off the bed flustered and stood on the floor. Her hands were intertwined together as she looked down apprehensively. While Ji Xiao Zhuo swiftly changed his expression after he got over the shock. He grinned towards Ji Yan like he was trying to butter up to him and said stickily, "Daddy, you're back ~"

Ji Yan pointed at Xiao Zhuo before pointing to the door and started to walk out of the bedroom.

Ji Xiao Zhuo's eyes turned. Then, he got off the bed and wore his shoes before getting Wen Nuo's shoes and passed it to her so she could put them back on. Seeing her looking afraid and not knowing what to do, he patted her head and consoled, "Nothing will happen. I'm here! This was my idea, so it's not your fault. My daddy won't punish you."

Immediately, Wen Nuo shook her head. She was also wrong and should be punished. He shouldn't be the only one getting punished.

"Ok, now, you don't need to worry when a man like me is present." Ji Xiao Zhuo said as he pulled on Wen Nuo's hand and walked out. Then he carefully shut the door behind him.

Ji Yan was sitting on the sofa. Ji Xiao Zhuo and Wen Nuo stood in front of him. Both of them simultaneously lowered their heads, looking remorseful. Of course, Wen Nuo was really sorry, while Ji Xiao Zhuo was only pretending.

Whenever Ji Xiao Zhuo did something wrong, he liked to strike first. So before Ji Yan said anything, he took the initiative to apologise first, "I'm sorry, daddy. We are wrong, but I wanted to come back and take a look at mummy. Yesterday, mummy slept the whole day. She hasn't spoken to me in two days. I really miss mummy."

Ji Yan was used to Xiao Zhuo's routine and said, "Then did you know how worried your teacher was after finding out you had disappeared? Ji Xiao Zhuo, that kind of actions are irresponsible."