Chapter 20

Edits by Naravil

To stop Xiao Zhuo from feeling guilty, Tang Tang changed the topic to distract him while she stroked his head, "Why was Bao Bao looking for mummy?"

"Ah!" Ji Xiao Zhuo's thoughts went back to his original purpose, which was to tell Tang Tang about Ji Yan's decision. He became excited again, "Mummy, mummy, I have some good news to tell you. Daddy is taking us to where he works to live with him!"

"What?" Tang Tang looked at Ji Yan with an unbelievable expression, "Husband, you're taking us to the base?"

Ji Yan nodded, "Aunt Li is not coming over anymore, and I worry about leaving you and Xiao Zhuo alone. With my rank, I can apply for housing at the base. Also, there is a nursery in the area, Xiao Zhuo can attend nursery there. But ..."

"What's wrong?"

Ji Yan looked at Tang Tang with uncertainty, "Are you willing to come with me? I would need to train during the day, and Xiao Zhuo can't be left alone, so you need to come and –"

"Husband, I'm willing to go!" Tang Tang interrupted before Ji Yan could say everything.

Ji Yan felt his voice stuck for a moment. He didn't expect that she would agree so easily. Originally, he thought that he would need to put a lot of effort to convince her. He even had a list of reasons ready to convince her, but in the end, he didn't need it.

"En," Ji Yan responded.

"Then, when are we leaving, daddy?" Xiao Zhuo asked excitedly. Previously, he was unwilling to part with his daddy, but now that he knew he could go with him, he looked forward to leaving as soon as possible. He heard that there were guns and tanks at his daddy's workplace. Wouldn't he be able to see them if he went, hehe.

"Daddy can't bring you along yet. Daddy needs to go back and submit an application first before I can bring you and mummy with me, so you and mummy need to wait at home for daddy first, ok?"

Even though he was slightly disappointed that he couldn't go with his daddy straight away, Ji Xiao Zhuo was a sensible child. Xiao Zhuo nodded, "Okay. Then daddy should come back soon and take us with you."

"Ok, daddy will come back as soon as possible."

The corner of Tang Tang's lips lifted up.

Maybe because they knew the family would be together soon, Tang Tang and Xiao Zhuo didn't feel depressed about the temporary separation. On the next day, they went to the theme park and played until they were satisfied. Even Tang Tang was able to play on many things despite her injury. Although many people took a side glance at them, the pair was still very happy.

In the evening, Ji Yan had to go back to the squad as his holidays were over. However, the teary scene he thought would happen didn't occur. Instead, Ji Xiao Zhuo was cheerfully waving his hand and said, "Daddy, don't forget to come back soon to pick us up."

Ji Yan couldn't help but laugh as he rubbed Xiao Zhuo's head. He thought for a moment before reminding Tang Tang, "Since you two are alone at home, remember, if there's an urgent matter, contact Zhuo Ji or Gu Zhang An if you can't get a hold of me. Don't worry about troubling them."

Tang Tang nodded.

"Take notice of your safety when you go out. Don't sit in random cars and don't go to places where there are too many people. You can't handle Ji Xiao Zhuo alone."

"En!" Tang Tang nodded, once again.

"Also, control Xiao Zhuo's food intake. Don't let him eat too much at night. Don't let him eat things like ice cream. He can't gain any more weight; otherwise, he would be seriously overweight, and that's not good for his health." That was the most important point he wanted to tell Tang Tang.