Chocobo Race

Y/N, Tifa, Cloudia, and the others all entered inside a truck. There was a man standing there next to an opened box. But Y/N was able to get his name from the guards outside.

Jessie: Mr. Coates.

Mr. Coates: You want somethin'?

Aerith: We want to go up.

Mr. Coates: Like I told you before, you gotta get the Boss' permission, then win the Chocobo-

Barret: Dyne's got his reasons an' can't speak. So, I got this, instead.

Mr. Coates: Yeah, bull...

Barret showed Mr. Coates the pendant.

Barret: We want to go up.

Mr. Coates: R-Right. Did you kill Dyne? You must've. Or you'd never be holding that thing. So Dyne's dead... Maybe now, the place'll calm down a little. Dyne didn't care who anyone was...

Barret grabbed Mr. Coates.

Barret: The hell do you know!

Mr. Coates: I don't know anything. S-Sorry...

Y/N: Then, will you get us outta here?

Mr. Coates: Huh? Oh man, you guys are mistaken. I already told you, there's only one way to get outta here. That's to win the Chocobo Race and that's held up there, in the Gold Saucer. And, only one racer can go up at a time.

Barret: Say what?!

Mr. Coates: No! Really, even if you threaten me! A rule's a rule. I can't change it. If I do, the whole system down here'll get messed up! I can't do that! I'll let one of you go up there. After that, they gotta deal with Dio.

Barret: All right, then. Y/N, you go. We'll wait down here. Hurry up and win that Chocobo Race and get us outta here.

Mr. Coates: Now, all you need is a manager and...

???: I heard your story. I'll be your manager.

Mr. Coates: Ester? Well, I have nothing against it, but... This is Ester. She may look kinda funny... But there's no better manager in the races.

Ester: That's so rude. Yeah, well. Nice to meet you, Y/N.

Mr. Coates: All right, Y/N. I'll send you up the elevator. Ester'll fill you in on the details.

Yuffie: Well, Y/N go get 'em.

Tifa: Good luck.

Cloudia: Even if you lose I'll still love you.

Aerith: Bring back first place.

Jessie: Here, a good luck charm.

Jessie pecks Y/N on the cheek.

Y/N and Ester walk into the elevator. Y/N explained the whole situation about what happened to them earlier before they fell in the hole.

Ester: Hmm, so that's what happened. I'll talk to Dio directly. You just concentrate on the race. Oh yeah, getting back to the other thing, there are many different types of Chocobo jockeys. It's not only for criminals. Some people compete for the fame, some people compete for the money, some only for glory... And then there's people like you. I'll teach you how to ride a Chocobo.

Y/N: Don't need to.

The elevator doors opened. Y/N walks out and he looks around to see four people sitting at the table and a man in red standing to his left.

???: You new?

Ester: Hi, Joe.

Joe: Hey, Ester you're looking pretty as usual.

Ester: Thanks. Let me introduce you, Y/N. This is Joe, one of the top Chocobo Jockeys.

Joe: Nice to meet you, Y/N. If you're with Ester, then...

Ester: Right! He's an up and coming jockey. He's only been down here for a day and already he made it up here!

Joe: What?! Oh, I see... So what did you do down there? Sorry... you're not supposed to ask about the past here... Pretty interesting... I have a feeling that we'll meet again. Then, until we meet again, Y/N.

Joe walks away.

Ester: I'm going to check on the Chocobo. You just wait here for a while.

Ester walked away also. Y/N waited for a few minutes until some bell started playing around the room.

Announcement: The race will start in a few moments. Will the jockeys for the next race please proceed to the paddock. I repeat...

The four jockeys get out of their seats and they walk down the hallway.

Ester: Y/N.

Y/N looks to see Ester walking towards him.

Ester: Thanks for waiting. I registered you in the next race. This is a Chocobo I prepared myself. He won't lose easily. Good luck.

Y/N walks to the paddock and he gets on the Chocobo Ester prepared for him. Y/N lined up with the other jockeys. The whistle was blown and Y/N's Chocobo took first. The Chocobo was running really fast but Y/N made it slow down so it doesn't lose its stamina. Y/N turned around to notice Joe was catching up and he overtook Y/N.

Y/N and Joe kept turning their Chocobo around the corners perfectly. But Y/N noticed Joe's Chocobo was tired. As they turned the final corner. Y/N and Joe were neck and neck. Joe's Chocobo started slowing down.

Y/N: Go!

Y/N's Chocobo ran at full speed and he beated Joe to the finish line and won first place. Y/N got off the Chocobo and went back to go meet with Ester.

Ester: Congratulations! You're home free. Oh yeah, the owner told me to give this letter to you when you won.

Y/N opened the letter to notice it was from Dio.

Y/N: "Boy, if you're reading this letter, then you must've won. And won a victory that I ame sure you earned. I heard about Dyne from Ester. Now that you are victorious, I promise that you and all your friends will get a full pardon, and you all will be set free. And also, by way of apology, I prepared a little gift for you to use on your journey. Sorry, I couldn't be there to tell you this in person, but I'm a very busy man. Sincerely, Dio." A gift?

Y/N's phone started ringing and he pulled it out to see Aerith calling him.

Y/N: Hello?

Aerith (phone): Y/N, isn't this great?! The assistant manager just stopped by and dropped a 'buggy' for you! Now you can go over 'deserts' and 'rivers' no problem. Okay, Y/N. I'll be waiting outside.

Y/N hangs up and he puts the phone back into his pocket. Y/N looked at the note to notice there was still more.

Y/N: "P.S. I just recently met Sephiroth. He must have a lot of fans with boys your age. Why don't you get his autograph? It seems he's headed toward the South of the river, towards Gongaga." Sephiroth...

Ester: I guess this is goodbye. Well, if you ever get your own Race Chocobo, come back again. I'll take care of your registration and everything. I'll see you again.

Y/N: Thanks for everything.

Y/N walked out of the building and he saw the buggy outside with the others. Y/N and the others get inside and he gets into the drivers seat.

Jessie: I'm surprised that this fits all of us.

Cloudia: Well, we do have the three biggest people in the trunk.

Barret, Red XIII, and Cait Sith with his machine were in the trunk together. Aerith was sitting passenger side since she won Rock-Paper-Scissors.

Tifa: So, how was the race?

Y/N: Pretty easy until the end.

Jessie: My good luck charm worked.

Cloudia: I won't let you beat me to it next time.

Yuffie: Man, I wish I got to see the race.

Aerith: Maybe next time.

Y/N continued driving while the others were resting.