The Spy

After the gondola ride ended. Y/N and Aerith walked out of the gondola.

Aerith: I had fun tonight. Let's go together again.

Y/N: Sure.

Aerith: (smiles) That's a promise. Oh, look at the time. We'd better get going.

Y/N: Right.

Y/N and Aerith walked back to the main entrance of the Gold Saucer. Y/N and Aerith see Cait Sith standing there but he didn't notice Y/N and Aerith.

Aerith: Hey? What's Cait Sith doing?

Cait Sith pulled something out and Y/N quickly recognized what it was.

Y/N: The Keystone! Cait Sith!

Cait Sith quickly ran into the Battle Square as Y/N and Aerith were quickly chasing after him. Cait Sith ran into the speed room as Y/N and Aerith were hot on his tail. Y/N and Aerith continued chasing him not letting him get out of their sight.

Cait Sith ran to the Chocobo Racing Arena. Y/N and Aerith quickly ran inside. Cait Sith ran around the desk as Y/N and Aerith covered both sides but he jumps over Aerith and runs back outside. Cait Sith ran down the stairs and a helicopter flew towards him. Y/N and Aerith saw Tseng on the side of the helicopter.

Cait Sith: Hey! Over here! The Keystone!

Cait Sith throws the Keystone to Tseng and he catches it.

Tseng: Well done.

The helicopter flew away.

Y/N: Bastard!

Cait Sith: W-Wait a second. I won't run or hide. Yes, I was a spy. I was hired by Shinra.

Aerith: I trusted you. I can't believe you!

Cait Sith: I couldn't help it. How about if we continued like nothing ever happened?

Y/N: No way, cat! You got a lot of guts acting like a friend but being a spy!

Cait Sith: Then, what are you going to do? Kill me? You'd just be wasting your time if you tried. This body's just a toy anyway. My real body's at Shinra Headquarters in Midgar. I'm controlling this toy car from there.

Aerith: So you're from Shinra. Who? Who are you?! Tell me!

Cait Sith: Whoa, I can't tell you my name.

Y/N: We're not getting anywhere.

Cait Sith: See? I told you! Talking won't do any good, so can't we just continue our journey?

Y/N: You think I'm joking?!

Cait Sith: Aleight, yes, I am a Shinra employee. But we're not entirely enemies. Something bothers me. I think it's your way of life. You don't get paid. You don't get praised. Yet, you still risk your lives and continue on your journey. Seeing that makes me... It just makes me think about my life. I don't I'd feel too good if things ended the way they are now. And so on, and so on...

Y/N: He'll never tell the truth. Once a spy, always a spy. We can't go on with someone like that.

Cait Sith: Just as I thought. Talking won't make a bit of a difference. But I prepared something in case this happened. Why don't you listen to this?

Cait Sith pulls out a recorder and he plays.

??? (recorder): Daddy! Tifa!

Aerith: Hey! That's Marlene!

Marlene (recorder): Hey! It's the flower lady! Flower lady...

Cait Sith turns the recorder off and he puts it back.

Cait Sith: So, you have to do as I say.

Y/N: You're the lowest...

Cait Sith: I didn't want to do this... using dirty tricks and taking hostages. But this is how it is... no compromises. So why don't we continue on as we did? Tomorrow is the Temple of the Ancients, right? I know where it is so I'll tell you later. Of course, we'll get there after Shinra, but you'll have to deal with that.

Cait Sith walked away.

Y/N: Well, we're stuck... We'll have to do what he says.

Aerith: I wonder if Marlene is all right... I wonder what happened to Mom.

Aerith looked at Y/N to notice his angered expression. Aerith grabbed his hand and Y/N looked at her and he was able to calm down.

Aerith: Come on...

Y/N nodded his head. Y/N and Aerith went back to the hotel to call it for the night. But as Y/N was getting ready to sleep he heard knocking at his door. Y/N opened it to see it was Aerith.

Y/N: Did you need something?

Aerith: Can I come in?

Y/N lets Aerith come into his room.

Aerith: Is it okay if I sleep with you for the night? I'm just worried about Marlene, my Mom, and everything else...

Y/N: Yeah.

Y/N and Aerith laid in bed together. Aerith slept close to Y/N. He didn't know what to do so he just wrapped his arms around her. Y/N's eyes closed and he fell asleep. Aerith looked at Y/N to see his face was close to her and she pecked him on the cheek.

Aerith: Goodnight...

Aerith fell asleep in Y/N's arms.