Reunion

Y/N sees the others moving up to different train cars so he follows them while holding his wound.

Wedge: Lotta people here...

Jessie: And in the freight car, too...

Biggs: 'Cause of the evacuation order, maybe?

Barret: Lucky us. We've got a crowd to hide in. Head for the front of the train and hold there.

The others walk through the door and Y/N does also to see so many passengers on the train.

Wedge: Man everyone's on edge.

Y/N: Of course they are.

Wedge: Hey, Y/N, I... um...

Y/N: If you're about to "unburden" yourself don't.

Wedge: Yeesh... You don't make it easy...

Y/N walks through the aisle.

Biggs: Hey, got a sec?

Y/N: What is it?

Biggs: You're uh... holding up pretty well, huh? Even after what we saw at the station and all over Sector 8?

Y/N: I'm a SOLDIER.

Biggs: Well... my hands are still shaking.

Y/N: You get used to it.

Biggs: Something to look forward to... Or maybe not.

Y/N walks past Biggs and he continues to walk up the aisle.

Jessie: Little help, Y/N? Please?

Y/N: What?

Jessie: I can't stop thinking about it. The bomb I made shouldn't have produced an explosion that big. It doesn't make any sense...

Y/N: The explosion triggered a reaction with the mako. You said so yourself.

Jessie: That was my first guess but shouldn't a reactor have fail-safes to prevent that kinda thing?

Y/N: It's okay.

Jessie: Thanks, Y/N. You're a good listener.

Y/N walks to the other train to see Barret walk through the aisle.

Shinra Employee 1: What kind of maniacs would go so far as to bomb a reactor?

Shinra Middle Manager: They've yet to announce it publicly, but I heard it was Avalanche's doing.

Shinra Employee 1: Really? Aren't they the terrorists who tried to kill the president?

Shinra Employee 2: Is there nothing they won't do?

Barret: Hey! Quit talking out your ass. Everyone knows Avalanche only cares for saving the planet.

Shinra Middle Manager: J-Just who do you think you are?

Barret looks away from them.

Barret: A law-abiding concerned citizen.

Shinra Employee 1: "Law-abiding"? Really?

Barret looks back them as the three of them flinch.

Barret: In my humble opinion, that explosion was a message. A message to the bastards bleeding our planet dry. Think they got it? Heard it loud and clear? Y'all's masters?

Shinra Middle Manager: We will not submit to intimidation or violence! But work together for peace in prosperity! That is how civilized people change the world!

The other two clap for him but Barret stomps his foot on the ground.

Barret: Hmph. Them's fighting words.